Brewer Fanatic

2021 NBA Finals: Milwaukee Bucks vs Phoenix Suns BUCKS WIN THE TITLE!!!!

homer

Connaughton is the teams best 3 point shooter in the playoffs of players that actually play, at 38.8%. Forbes is next at 37.1% and Middleton 3rd with 34.4%. Pat had a really strong game I thought for him. He was the guy I was second most confident in shooting the ball late if needed behind Middleton. I just have no issues with him as a top option off the bench. Plenty of his +/- is deserved, but also worth noting he wasn't in the game to start when we were bricking everything and the Suns went up 8-10 early.

Van Gundy mentioned this last night, but his rebounding is obvious. Reminds me of some of those UW guards who really outboarded their position (Gasser comes to mind). Obviously PC is much better than those guys all around, but his play off missed shots adds value.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, my whole point was I think, against the Suns, we should play small ball. We match up so much better on defense when we do that. I also like to see Teague in the game, I think his quickness helps during the switches. I like the lineup of Teague, Holiday, Middleton, Portis, and Giannis. Lopez is the first out with Teague being the first in. Just what I would like to see.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Geez, my whole point was I think, against the Suns, we should play small ball. We match up so much better on defense when we do that. I also like to see Teague in the game, I think his quickness helps during the switches. I like the lineup of Teague, Holiday, Middleton, Portis, and Giannis. Lopez is the first out with Teague being the first in. Just what I would like to see.

You might be onto something:

Although I cringe when I see Giannis switch off of Ayton

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Yes and no. Too much small ball plays into the Suns hands a little too much. Lopez has played 18 and 21 minutes the last 2 games. Game 4 was mostly because he was bricking all his 3s and doesn't provide quite enough in the paint to justify being on the court. On a day he's making his 3s, he can and should play more. I like seeing the Giannis at the 5 lineup a fair amount, especially when Ayton isn't in the game. The Bucks are fortunate that we can give different looks while the Suns basically have 2 looks and 1 strategy. They have a with Ayton and without Ayton look, and their only way of playing offense is using picks to create a best on worst match up, spread the floor, and 1v1. Game 4 they didn't even have to do that, it was basically just pass to Booker and let him make a really tough shot because he was on fire.

You might be onto something:

Although I cringe when I see Giannis switch off of Ayton

I'd be curious how many of the Giannis/Bobby minutes came with Ayton on the bench. Particularly in G3 when he was dealing with fouls.

It is clear that Jrue picking up CP full court is having an effect. If Booker can shoot this well from midrange for 2 more games, then it probably isn't meant to be.

I don't remember seeing a game where someone made so many contested midrange shots. Really a remarkable performance.

Middleton was great but he seemed to have a wee bit more room to operate.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Community Moderator

I wonder how much of the Suns' offensive struggles was related to being on the road vs. adjustments the Bucks made. I'm guessing they are going to move the ball a little better in game 5 and get more help from their role players.

As for Middleton -- I credit the Giannis effect for how much space he had to operate in game 4. The Suns seemed more concerned about what Giannis was doing while Khris was allowed to create high percentage midrange looks for himself. If Giannis keeps being unselfish I don't know what the Suns can do about it other than hope the Bucks miss shots.

I wonder how much of the Suns' offensive struggles was related to being on the road vs. adjustments the Bucks made. I'm guessing they are going to move the ball a little better in game 5 and get more help from their role players.

As for Middleton -- I credit the Giannis effect for how much space he had to operate in game 4. The Suns seemed more concerned about what Giannis was doing while Khris was allowed to create high percentage midrange looks for himself. If Giannis keeps being unselfish I don't know what the Suns can do about it other than hope the Bucks miss shots.

The suns struggles were very much due to Chris Paul looking awful. Jrue has gotten in his head with the full court pressure. It will be interesting to see if the return home helps him.

The Suns role players were good. The bench was 9 for 14 for 23 points. Bridges and Crowder adding another 23. It was Paul and Ayton that held them back. Only 16 points between them. The problem for the Suns is booker will likely score 12 to 14 points less so Paul and Ayton have to pick that up and then some and the bench and others have to perform well again.

Game 4 seemed like it was the Suns' best shot at a road W in this series...and the Bucks found a way to squeak it out despite Booker going off. I think if Jrue/Milwaukee's D can continue to harass Paul and keep the Suns from getting exactly what they want on the offensive side of the floor the Bucks definitely can win one of Game 5 or 7 in Phoenix.

Game 4 seemed like it was the Suns' best shot at a road W in this series...and the Bucks found a way to squeak it out despite Booker going off. I think if Jrue/Milwaukee's D can continue to harass Paul and keep the Suns from getting exactly what they want on the offensive side of the floor the Bucks definitely can win one of Game 5 or 7 in Phoenix.

Yep and they couldn't do it despite a really bad shooting night by Milwaukee. They have to be just kicking themselves right now.

Whatever question you're asking in the 2021 finals, if you want the Bucks to come out ahead the answer is not to play Jeff Teague more.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

It is clear that Jrue picking up CP full court is having an effect. If Booker can shoot this well from midrange for 2 more games, then it probably isn't meant to be.

I don't remember seeing a game where someone made so many contested midrange shots. Really a remarkable performance.

KD like 3 weeks ago?

KD like 3 weeks ago?

I didn't see that one :)

Whatever question you're asking in the 2021 finals, if you want the Bucks to come out ahead the answer is not to play Jeff Teague more.

I had the same visceral reaction but the minimal time he has seen, he has done a nice job both times. He went 3/3 on threes in Game 6 of the ECF and when he did play on Wednesday he had a nice fast-break to the basket and drew a foul. But yes, I still agree.

Community Moderator

Peak Durant is on a completely different planet than peak Booker.

In Nets/Bucks game 5 Durant went 49/15/10. Booker in the last game was 42/1/2.

Obviously Booker is a shooting guard but it's important that you need both Chris Paul and Booker to be playing well in order to impact the game the way Durant can on his own.

Obviously Booker is a shooting guard but it's important that you need both Chris Paul and Booker to be playing well in order to impact the game the way Durant can on his own.

I am going to say this again but Durant is the greatest player in this current generation.

I am going to say this again but Durant is the greatest player in this current generation.

It’s Lebron if Lebron counts as this era. Lebron on the break and Lebron at the rim set him apart. Other areas are close one way or another.

Durant isn't greater than LeBron. It's not close. He's a prolific scorer, and an outstanding shooter from anywhere, but he doesn't come close to James on the defensive side of the ball. Bucks fans that have watched our team struggle to get out of the East should be in awe when reflecting on some of the teams James took to the Finals. And some of the teams were very good, but getting to the Finals 8 years in a row is ridiculous.

Durant had a better season than James and has always been really good, but claiming he's greater than James is the definition of recency bias.

I had the same visceral reaction but the minimal time he has seen, he has done a nice job both times. He went 3/3 on threes in Game 6 of the ECF and when he did play on Wednesday he had a nice fast-break to the basket and drew a foul. But yes, I still agree.

Yea, I mean someone has to eat a few minutes. Rather have Teague than Thanasis. Forbes has been dissapointing, and it's too bad because he can drain 6 or 7 threes in his sleep when he's hot. They just can't afford to find out the hard way he can't.