Brewer Fanatic

2021 NBA Finals: Milwaukee Bucks vs Phoenix Suns BUCKS WIN THE TITLE!!!!

homer

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Fear the Deer

This is about as even a matchup on paper as you will see:

dlQYdTD.png

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I dont like is how late the games start. 8PM for the games in Phoenix. I understand it's for ratings on the west coast but still sucks for the folks who have to get up early the next day.

At least this time if it's bucks in 6 then it will be on our home court.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I’m just happy to finally be able to see the Bucks on TV. I don’t have cable, so the Saturday night game on ABC is my only chance to watch the NBA and it’s always some combination of Lakers, Clippers, Warriors, Sixers, Nets, and Celtics.

Community Moderator
I haven’t seen much of the Suns this season but the bits that I caught in the playoffs didn’t feature much defense. I like the Bucks chances if they can get a split on the road and get a near-100% Giannis back by game 3. Likely to be a 6 or 7 game series though.

Community Moderator
The Bucks started switching more after Trae Young was lighting them up at the start of the ECF. I imagine that will continue since the Suns have a couple of guys who can destroy you with mid-range jumpers.

The Bucks started switching more after Trae Young was lighting them up at the start of the ECF. I imagine that will continue since the Suns have a couple of guys who can destroy you with mid-range jumpers.

Tucker and Portis have been important with the switching, being able to guard a variety of people.

I don't see Portis playing so much in this series, either, since it seems like it's either him or Tucker on the floor but not both, and there's more of a need for Tucker out there.

Phoenix is hitting 37% of their 3s this playoffs. Bucks don't tend to adjust well when other teams are hitting those shots (or more accurately, refuse to adjust). Big difference between that and Atlanta's 25%. Although the Bucks have been second-best in the playoffs at contesting those shots, so hopefully that means the Suns won't hit that shot as well in this series.

I don't see Portis playing so much in this series, either, since it seems like it's either him or Tucker on the floor but not both, and there's more of a need for Tucker out there.

Phoenix is hitting 37% of their 3s this playoffs. Bucks don't tend to adjust well when other teams are hitting those shots (or more accurately, refuse to adjust). Big difference between that and Atlanta's 25%. Although the Bucks have been second-best in the playoffs at contesting those shots, so hopefully that means the Suns won't hit that shot as well in this series.

The Bucks are also dramatically overdue to start regressing to the mean on their own 3 point shots. Shot 39% during the regular season and have struggled mightily in the playoffs. Yet here we are. Hopefully they return to form, we'd be crazy scary if we actually had a few games at 50% or so.

Bucks are hosting watch parties inside the arena as well as outside for the finals. Can sit in the lower bowl and watch the game on the jumbotron. $10 admission. Long overdue I think since the screens outside are so small.

I really like when Teague is on the floor with Holiday. I think we can use that to our advantage. Both can guard Paul and can also guard bigger people. On offense, maybe it was just that Teague hit his threes, but it seemed as though the offense was very smooth and efficient.

I have nothing bad to say about the Bucks and they gave us a good run, but I'm sensing the Suns in a gentleman's sweep. The absence/health of Giannis catches up to us and there is just too much young talent + the savvy of Paul.

That’s pretty much where I’m at too.

I’m hoping they can steal a game in Phoenix while Giannis heals. But this could be a quick series if they head home down 0-2 with Giannis <99%.

We shall see how well they defend Paul/Booker. Each has had their moments, but both have been a bit disappointing in the grand scheme in the playoffs. If they can limit those guys from going off I think they are in a good position to win the series.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Bucks are hosting watch parties inside the arena as well as outside for the finals. Can sit in the lower bowl and watch the game on the jumbotron. $10 admission. Long overdue I think since the screens outside are so small.

Good chance of rain tonight. Smart move.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I have nothing bad to say about the Bucks and they gave us a good run, but I'm sensing the Suns in a gentleman's sweep. The absence/health of Giannis catches up to us and there is just too much young talent + the savvy of Paul.

The Suns are talented no doubt, but it's not like they didn't have their fair share of breaks to get here either. They beat the Lakers without AD, the Nuggets without Murray and the Clippers without Kawhi. So it's really hard to say if they're elite or not. Same with the Bucks. I think we can definitely win this series, especially if Giannis returns.

Problem is they are getting another break here. I had the Suns winning the West from the start. I think they've been pretty disrespected the entire playoffs, and not sure why the Bucks were seen as everyone's favorite with Giannis. They did beat us twice, yes it was regular season and by 1 point both times, but they beat us.

That said, tonight is probably one of the better chances we'll have to steal a game, and I have no idea how injured Giannis actually is. My guess is that if the Bucks are getting run over and down 0-2 or 0-3 they are not going to risk him playing. If it appears he's the difference-maker we need and he is feeling decent, then he will.

I don't see the Bucks winning four games without him though. Phoenix has a bunch of guys who can hurt you, not one guy carrying the squad like the last two rounds.

This is where I'm at too. Even with Giannis the Suns felt like one of those teams that gives the Bucks trouble, I'd feel better with a healthy Giannis but I think I'd still expect the Suns to win a 7 game series. No regrets about this run though, making it this far has been worth everything. Yes I'd still love to see them win, don't want to sound like I have no hope at all.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

If Giannis were healthy I think the Bucks win this series in 5 games - their length across the board would give the Suns issues scoring, and I think the Suns' backcourt could be taken advantage of when the Bucks were on offense over the course of a series instead of random regular season games.

With him not 100% and frankly questionable at this point as to what impact he can provide, I think the Suns would be slightly favored and take it in 6 or 7 games. If Giannis can make an impact, I like the Bucks.