Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-02: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Brubaker) [Brewers win, 7-2 -- Adames, Peterson, and JBJ homer; Crew extends win streak to 10 games]

Eye Black
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The abs are getting a little low effort. Houser you is pitching guys-your scoring can’t be done to keep the streak alive.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

After living through the hitting drought, this stretch has been sweeeeet

Agree, but I would love to see Christian participate a little more often.

I was reading a article about the 10 most amazing things about the 15-7 game over the Cubs and of course, one of them had to be that the Brewers scored all those runs... while Yeli went 0-5

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

I don't really like Hader warming up and sitting down so much, maybe for no reason. If they have him getting loose tonight, hope he just gets an inning, save situation or no.

Na… he’s getting some work by simply getting hot in the pen. The way that guys are dropping like flies with injuries, I would rather win comfortably with a fresh Hader for tomorrow.

I don't really like Hader warming up and sitting down so much, maybe for no reason. If they have him getting loose tonight, hope he just gets an inning, save situation or no.

Na… he’s getting some work by simply getting hot in the pen. The way that guys are dropping like flies with injuries, I would rather win comfortably with a fresh Hader for tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm totally fine with him not coming in tonight. I hope he doesn't. My (minor) thought is just the question: how much does getting loose tax an arm? I wonder how the team calculates this. I suppose the rough way is to just assign "points" to usage--.5 pts for getting loose, 1 point for anything up to 20 pitches, etc., with the rule being a guy sits if he's over a certain score. I imagine the team is much more sophisticated with how they chart, but I'm always curious about varying definitions of workload.

Yeah, I'm totally fine with him not coming in tonight. I hope he doesn't. My (minor) thought is just the question: how much does getting loose tax an arm? I wonder how the team calculates this. I suppose the rough way is to just assign "points" to usage--.5 pts for getting loose, 1 point for anything up to 20 pitches, etc., with the rule being a guy sits if he's over a certain score. I imagine the team is much more sophisticated with how they chart, but I'm always curious about varying definitions of workload.

I agree. Great thoughts…How are bullpen pitches and off day bullpen sessions charted or measured? No idea who would have any knowledge of this…. maybe a Marcus Hanel type that isn’t associated with the team. CC is probably not giving any of this info away.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
So Willy having a zipper problem?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

So Willy having a zipper problem?

Leave it to my wife to notice that, too! Pretty funny! I was waiting for the catcher to mention it right before a pitch to get Willy to look or distract him.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Not watching, but I'm guessing Hader was once again getting loose, only to have the Brewers offense put it out of a save situation :laughing

[sarcasm]Is Hader the league leader in I'm warming up for a save...oh I guess I can sit down now?[/sarcasm]

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

There are very few nights I can say this so I just want to say that the homeplate umpire has called a pretty good game tonight.

I knew I jinxed it, those are two hideous calls on Reyes. Nevermind.

Archived