Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-01: Brewers (Burnes) at Pirates (Crowe) [Brewers win, 7-2 -- Burnes allows 1 run over 7.1 IP before exiting with minor injury; JBJ with incredible deke play; Winning streak at 9]

Eye Black

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
Highly likely this one is at LEAST delayed based on the forecast, reminding us once again how silly it was for Pittsburgh to create an open air stadium. I'd be curious to know, since the stadium opened around the same time as Miller Park, how many games they've lost/delayed due to weather in that time.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Lets keep the peddle to the metal. In 2014 the Brewers had a 6.5 game lead on June 30th.

[sarcasm]Don't make us ban you for such a blatant voilation of forum rules. You know you can't avoid the swear filter by using obvious replacements like this.[/sarcasm]

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Verified Member
Lets keep the peddle to the metal. In 2014 the Brewers had a 6.5 game lead on June 30th.

One of the most frustrating seasons I can remember. Ugh.

I agree, but at least for me, the strong finishes and playoff berths (at the expense of the Cubs) in 2018 and 2019 took some of the sting out of that collapse.

Burns next start is matched up with DeGrom. With the extra day rest though, I’m guessing we’ll have a “bullpen” game that night instead? Really sucks with it being a nationally televised game. Would love to see that matchup.

Avi Garcia has a "little left hamstring soreness" going on, Counsell said. Club is being extra-cautious, he said.

And does Urias have a "little 4-5, 2HR, 4RBI soreness"?

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

No my guess is Urias was due for a day off so they will sit him today with Burnes on the mound, Wong back

And Jace playing well.

We also don’t know if Wong will be able to play every day right away or if they will ease him in…….he may be out tomorrow like he was last time he came back.

Community Moderator
Avi Garcia has a "little left hamstring soreness" going on, Counsell said. Club is being extra-cautious, he said.

And does Urias have a "little 4-5, 2HR, 4RBI soreness"?

Urias hit two homers so he might have to sit for two days.

[sarcasm]How many grand slams does Willy need to hit before getting a day off?[/sarcasm]

Seriously though, I think I read that he's played in every game since he was traded here. Surprised he's dodged the eye of CC so far.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Verified Member
[sarcasm]How many grand slams does Willy need to hit before getting a day off?[/sarcasm]

Seriously though, I think I read that he's played in every game since he was traded here. Surprised he's dodged the eye of CC so far.

He didn't start on June 16th, but had a pinch hit.

He didn't start on June 16th, but had a pinch hit.

Ah, the technicality strikes again. Thanks for the info!

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Peterson and JBJ just two classic run producers right there.

Archived