Brewer Fanatic

2021-06-30: Cubs (Arrieta) at Brewers (Ashby) [Brewers win, 15-7 -- Cubs score 7 in 1st inning; Crew responds with 15 unanswered]

Eye Black
Sometimes I think Counsell has made a deal with the Devil. Even when he seems to make a highly questionable decision, he so often seems to get away with it. Maybe that's just my perception.

I'd suggest that he's basing those decisions that seem questionable to us on information/analysis that we don't have available to us, making it less questionable to him in the first place.

Yeah, despite my disagreement with not starting Burns, I have always been a pretty big Counsell supporter. I really enjoy watching the emotion he throws into this team. He really cares and I think the players pick up on that.

Does anybody really think that Counsell is the only one coming up with the 6 man rotation and deciding which pitchers will start 6th games? Really? Is he the one telling Stearns which roster moves to make too? Come on people, this is organizational collaboration, Counsell is absolutely involved but I don't think he's calling all the shots on his own. Counsell makes the line-up and in game decisions, yes, but I think there are a lot of hands all over how to approach long term strategies involving the pitching staff.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It says so much about Urias that he didn't shy away or pout when we acquired Adames -- he made himself indispensable. This is so much fun.

He really seemed to settle in right when that trade occurred. Maybe took a little pressure off of him.

I thought that trade was Stearns acknowledging his mistake and it would be the beginning of the end for Urias...could not have been more wrong and could not be happier to be wrong about it

This crow tastes delicious, indeed. May I have another plate please, Mr. Urias?

Oh boy...Sogard strikes out Robertson hahahaha

"That ain't Chuckie's game. Chuckie hacks on 2-0."

Probably not a huge confidence booster for a .145 hitting borderline rosterable player to get struck out by Eric Sogard.

Most would probably laugh it off…probably not him though.

I was going to say, if you're Yelich or Adames, it's probably good for a few laughs, if you're Daniel Robertson, you're probably going to lose some sleep tonight over it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Urias might have an 800 OPS by the end of the weekend
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Probably not a huge confidence booster for a .145 hitting borderline rosterable player to get struck out by Eric Sogard.

Most would probably laugh it off…probably not him though.

Not a laugher

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
giphy.gif?cid=790b7611bbdd75957fc63335d6623669e147f70152f6ccb3&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

So how much did we raise the Cubs bullpen era this series? Are they still in first?
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Community Moderator
Urias might have an 800 OPS by the end of the weekend

He's climbed to .771

Right behind Jace Peterson's .777

Urias started the season 2-for-27 with a double

Since then he’s 59-for-215 (.274 BA), 13 doubles, 1 triple, 10 home runs, 24 BB, 5 HBP, 39 RBI

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Willy Adames: "We knew since the first inning that we were going to come back. We had that feeling."

Jace Peterson: "It was a weird feeling. When we got back to the dugout a few people were saying it. You could tell we were going to win the game."

Late June three game sweep of the Cubs before heading to Pittsburgh for a four game set. Time to break out the “Sweep Suits?”

Is it sad that thought also came into my head this afternoon? I feel like there have been like 3 pretty good, rolling Brewer teams that went into Pittsburgh and got swept.

Late June three game sweep of the Cubs before heading to Pittsburgh for a four game set. Time to break out the “Sweep Suits?”

Is it sad that thought also came into my head this afternoon? I feel like there have been like 3 pretty good, rolling Brewer teams that went into Pittsburgh and got swept.

The 5-game sweep being one I think?

I wonder how many people bailed on the game after half an inning today…

Someone asked my nephew in the 1st what position player would pitch today. His response: "Eric Sogard again after we score these 15 unanswered runs obviously."

Archived