Brewer Fanatic

2021-06-30: Cubs (Arrieta) at Brewers (Ashby) [Brewers win, 15-7 -- Cubs score 7 in 1st inning; Crew responds with 15 unanswered]

Eye Black
  • Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adames trade officially a winner

Ironically Rasmussen started today and gave up 2 runs in the first. Still think he will be very good for Rays, but we really needed the life that Adames has given the offense.

Is 2021 the year of two seasons? The pre-Willy-Adames (PWA) and post-Willy-Adames periods?

Too early to say, but this is rocking this team like the CC Sabathia pickup

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

JBJ! What’s going on here?

Dude's not a bad player. Never has been. He's reverting to career norms.

I think the Cubs bullpen also is regressing to the norm.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Well at least if the Brewers do comeback and somehow win this game it will be absolutely soul crushing for these Cubs fans.

I gave up after the top of the 1st to go do some work outside and this was the comment that was left on my screen when I came back to a 14-7 lead.

Community Moderator
Sometimes in baseball a hot streak is so much in your favor that you can only laugh at the results. I know it goes both ways, but this is far from the first time that smirking Craig Counsell is the conductor behind this absurdity.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Adames trade officially a winner

Ironically Rasmussen started today and gave up 2 runs in the first. Still think he will be very good for Rays, but we really needed the life that Adames has given the offense.

Don't discount Trevor Richards in that deal, either. He's looked every bit as good as Feiereisen looked pre trade. Rasmussen has a nice upside and ceiling for sure, but Richards has been great, and Adames is a revelation.

Well at least if the Brewers do comeback and somehow win this game it will be absolutely soul crushing for these Cubs fans.

I gave up after the top of the 1st to go do some work outside and this was the comment that was left on my screen when I came back to a 14-7 lead.

Beautiful. I hope a lot of those fans never return. Bu-bye

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Gotta say I don't think Ross is exactly a tactical genius. It's a 7-6 ballgame in the 4th inning and he plays his infield in with runners on second and 3rd with one out. Peterson sneaks one past the drawn in IF for 2 rbis. If Ross plays the IF back it's probably a rbi ground out and he gets out of the inning only down 1 after Yellich strikes out. Instead he's down 7 after 4. Did he really think this game was going to end 7-6 or 8-7? That's the only reason to play the IF in there. If you think you aren't going to score anymore and the other team isn't going to score either.

Hooooooooly crap has Adames been an absolute joy to have in this lineup. Probably our best acquisition since Yeli, and I'm not sure 2nd is close unless I'm forgetting someone....

Urias seems to be trending well.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So many odd things about this game. Haines getting so angry and tossed is still puzzling. That frustration would have been understandable at so many points this year with the Brewer's offensive struggles. But with some of the recent offensive outbursts, you would think he would be in a much happier place. Maybe he had an argument with his wife or something this morning.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Love it!!!! This has gotta kill the Cubs fans.

Awesome to see no quit in this team!!

Welcome to the board!!

One of my favorite things about the Brewers under Counsell is that they definitely seem to give up way later than the majority of the internet commentariat do.

So many odd things about this game. Haines getting so angry and tossed is still puzzling. That frustration would have been understandable at so many points this year with the Brewer's offensive struggles. But with some of the recent offensive outbursts, you would think he would be in a much happier place. Maybe he had an argument with his wife or something this morning.

Maybe his wife told him she'd be wearing that special thing when he got home and he just couldn't wait anymore.

Might've been just to save Yelich. Yelich was exchanging words with the ump on his walk back to the dugout so Haines might've stepped in to take the fall before the player did

Archived