Brewer Fanatic

Aaron Ashby called up

jonescm128
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woodruff, Burnes, Peralta, Ashby and Houser could be the best rotation we've ever had in terms of pure stuff

With Lauer as the 6th starter, or trade bait for a position player..?? I have to imagine we will need a six man rotation again next year To avoid having another substantial jump in innings pitched for everyone.

People need to remember that all of our starters took some lumps in their first year in the rotation and Ashby is no sure thing to dominate next year

Woodruff, Burnes, Peralta, Ashby and Houser could be the best rotation we've ever had in terms of pure stuff

With Lauer as the 6th starter, or trade bait for a position player..?? I have to imagine we will need a six man rotation again next year To avoid having another substantial jump in innings pitched for everyone.

People need to remember that all of our starters took some lumps in their first year in the rotation and Ashby is no sure thing to dominate next year

You also have Ethan Small doing good things in AAA so I think he may have a role with the big league club next year as well. Thought maybe we would see him up this year but he hasn't pitched since early July.

#Brewers have TBA right now for starting pitcher Sunday in Minnesota. Counsell said Aaron Ashby might start that day. Freddy Peralta will be eligible to come off IL but Counsell said he's not likely to pitch that day.

I’m heading to the game on Sunday so that would be awesome.

Lance Brozdowski

@LanceBroz

Is Aaron Ashby just the starter/more-velo version of good Zach Britton?

Worm-killing SK. SL is easy plus, same break profile as Brit's.

Ashby has a plus CH too? Only ~10% of CHs in baseball with more downward break.

It's kind of unfair what the Brewers are doing.

Somebody gave me that Britton comp, I don't remember who, but it popped up when I was just looking through comparable repertoires.

Ashby was K'ing 36% of hitters in AAA. He's a rare GB + whiffs SP.

I can't name many (any?) young SPs I have more confidence in popping next year.

Archived