Brewer Fanatic

2021-06-28: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers win, 14-4 -- Crew breaks tie with 10-run 8th inning]

Eye Black
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember last season when a few vocal posters thought Omar was terrible? Ha.

Well, in their defense, HE WAS! lol

It's the ones who were calling for him to be non-tendered who are looking pretty foolish.

Has there been any articles or analysis done on why JBJ is struggling so badly?

Certainly a 210 average on BABIP has had something to do with it……..along with tons of strike outs.

That will do it

That and has he ever really been good??

Has there been any articles or analysis done on why JBJ is struggling so badly?

Certainly a 210 average on BABIP has had something to do with it……..along with tons of strike outs.

That will do it

That and has he ever really been good??

Worst OPS from 2015-2020 was .717. Seemed like a fairly safe bet to not fall of a cliff.

One of the reasons why I just can't see Peralta being more than a #3 type starter. He gets way to amped up for a big start and everything is all over the place and it takes him 1-3 innings to settle in and by that time he is already at a high pitch count. Peralta to me I have no confidence knowing if he will have a good start or a bad start and I would be leery on starting him late in the year.

This is a common take on Peralta among Brewer fans. Now after 6 innings and 94 pitches he has only allowed 2 hits and has struck out 8 Cubs, after such a terrible start to this game. Freddy has just turned 25 and has a brilliant future ahead of him. I enjoy following his starts and might be the most”entertaining” starter the Brewers have. If it wasn’t for Woody’s unbelievable start, Freddy might be the Brewers best starter this year. He has the 6th lowest WHIP (0.86), the 8th highest WAR (3.1), 4th in Ks/9 (12.7), has only given up 7 HRs, 37 hits in 81 IP, and 8th in ERA (2.11) in the entire MLB. I don’t understand how much better some people here think he can pitch?

One of the reasons why I just can't see Peralta being more than a #3 type starter. He gets way to amped up for a big start and everything is all over the place and it takes him 1-3 innings to settle in and by that time he is already at a high pitch count. Peralta to me I have no confidence knowing if he will have a good start or a bad start and I would be leery on starting him late in the year.

This is a common take on Peralta among Brewer fans. Now after 6 innings and 94 pitches he has only allowed 2 hits and has struck out 8 Cubs, after such a terrible start to this game. Freddy has just turned 25 and has a brilliant future ahead of him. I enjoy following his starts and might be the most”entertaining” starter the Brewers have. If it wasn’t for Woody’s unbelievable start, Freddy might be the Brewers best starter this year. He has the 6th lowest WHIP (0.86), the 8th highest WAR (3.1), 4th in Ks/9 (12.7), has only given up 7 HRs, 37 hits in 81 IP, and 8th in ERA (2.11) in the entire MLB. I don’t understand how much better some people here think he can pitch?

Just like burnes, unable to cope with the bright lights.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

That’s one helluva effort all around. And great of Box to finish off the inning with no more damage.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived