Brewer Fanatic

2021-06-27: Rockies (González) at Brewers (Lauer) [Brewers win, 5-0 -- Lauer throws 6 scoreless IP w/ 2 hits & 6 Ks; Hiura’s bat gets going; Crew completes sweep]

Eye Black

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
On paper you would expect some runs to be scored today. Unfortunately for the Brewers two players that led the last Sunday’s 7-6 victory in this identical pitching matchup won’t be in today’s lineup. Kolten Wong and Daniel Vogelbach combined for 5 hits in the game including a Wong home run versus González.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I cringe when I see Bradley in the line-up.

We are going to need to score runs today, I'd rather see Garcia instead of Bradley. Big game for Garcia yesterday, sits today.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Like Rock said the other day, he needs to ignore his season numbers and just finish strong. Hopefully, both can do that.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

And "that quirky Dim Tillard - he's different! He has a Dallas Braden beard!" is not a good fill-in.

Yesterday, he surmised that Kolten Wong left the game because, after getting on base 3 times, "he was too tired."

Today, he missed the fact that Omar Narvaez has batted 2nd, 8 times this year.

He said Fuentes calls his cousin, Nolan Arenado, "Cousin Nolan!" which was lame.

And then he doubled down just now on that ridiculous "Kolten Wong was tired" narrative.

I'll try to sync up the radio broadcast...

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

Why is Schroeder missing so many games this year?

Do other teams have as many different television announcer lineups than baseball team lineups? If BA can come and go as he pleases and Schroeder is winding down to retirement, they might just want to employ a dedicated B team.

Thank goodness Bud Black doesn't feel like playing his best lineup either. Because Lauer against Tapia, Blackmon and McMahon would not be Must See TV.

Now The Great Vinny Rottino is on TV. We need a scorecard for the announcers

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

This game is already boring as hell.

I'm following the game on XM while driving through Iowa so it's still more interesting than where I'm driving.

Hah, I know a guy who flat out refuses to drive through Iowa during daylight hours.

This game is already boring as hell.

I'm following the game on XM while driving through Iowa so it's still more interesting than where I'm driving.

Hah, I know a guy who flat out refuses to drive through Iowa during daylight hours.

The rest of the drive is not much better as I have to drive all the way down Missouri to Fayetteville Arkansas.

Manfred should push for 15 seconds between pitches if he’s series about pace of play. Lauer isn’t even coming close to acceptable pace. Snooze fest

Who was The hitter for the Indians back in the late seventies and '80s that was a walking talking rain delay by himself with the big elaborate ritual between every pitch that involved resetting both his batting gloves and two or three practice swings.

I'm thinking it was Mike hargrove.

Community Moderator
I won’t go so far as to say Keston is back, but I think his feast or famine approach could work just fine near the bottom of the order for the foreseeable future.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived