Brewer Fanatic

2021-06-23: Brewers (Woodruff) at Diamondbacks (Smith) [Brewers win, 3-2 -- 12th quality start for Big Woo including 7 IP, 9 K, 3 H, 1 R]

Eye Black

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'll guess...

Wong 2B

Urias 3B

Yelich LF

Garcia RF

Adames SS

Taylor CF

Hiura 1B

Manny C

Rotowire's Expected Lineup:

• 2B Kolten Wong L
    3B Luis Urias R
    LF C. Yelich L
    RF A. Garcia R
    C Omar Narvaez L
    SS Willy Adames R
    1B Keston Hiura R
    CF T. Taylor R
    P B. Woodruff R

I wonder if they're waiting for Hiura to land before announcing something. Although you'd think he'd be there by now if that was the case.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I wonder if they're waiting for Hiura to land before announcing something. Although you'd think he'd be there by now if that was the case.

I was wondering if they'd just decide to play a man short. If the right guy isn't on the taxi squad, then is the trip out to Arizona worth it for one game?

I am sad to learn in this thread that Hiura is back. I would have taken almost anyone else.
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

The best thing for this club would be Hiura coming back and hitting like he was supposed to this season. That would be the biggest boost they could receive.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Actually it sounds like Hiura isn’t the official call up? Here’s hoping for basically any other guy out of AAA
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Why is the entire upcoming Rockies series afternoon games. 3:05 PM on a Friday?

Good question. Their Opening Day 2.0 isn't until the 28th.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Probably some hullabaloo with the "re-opening day" stuff, combined with the Bucks being in the Eastern Conference finals.

It’s because of the Reopening Day. The time was set long before anyone knew the Bucks would be playing at home on Friday.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Probably some hullabaloo with the "re-opening day" stuff, combined with the Bucks being in the Eastern Conference finals.

It’s because of the Reopening Day. The time was set long before anyone knew the Bucks would be playing at home on Friday.

Nope. Their Reopening Day is June 28th.

https://www.purplerow.com/2021/6/2/22465294/colorado-rockies-pittsburgh-pirates-coors-field-opening-day-again

The Colorado Rockies announced today that the City of Denver, the State of Colorado, and Major League Baseball, have given them the green light to open Coors Field to its full capacity of 50,144 starting on Monday, June 28th.

On this day in 2004, the Rockies beat the Brewers 3 - 2

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/MIL/MIL200406230.shtml

Lyle Overbay with a solo dinger.

Nope. Their Reopening Day is June 28th.

https://www.purplerow.com/2021/6/2/22465294/colorado-rockies-pittsburgh-pirates-coors-field-opening-day-again

The Colorado Rockies announced today that the City of Denver, the State of Colorado, and Major League Baseball, have given them the green light to open Coors Field to its full capacity of 50,144 starting on Monday, June 28th.

Brewers are at home this weekend my man.

Archived