Brewer Fanatic

daniel vogelbach injury thread

djoctagone
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they go with a batter in September. The way they like to use pitchers in September combined with the need to keep from overworking the three young starters likely means two extra pitchers. As PeaveyFury said it's probably a handful of ab's or so for him. I just don't see the Brewers thinking that's more important than a handful of so innings of relief pitching in the stretch run.

In the long run perhaps it's best he gets a shot somewhere else this season so he has a shot to catch on next. To be honest if I was Vogelbach I'd rather be with the Cubs right now than the Brewers. It might suck to be with a losing team playing out the string but at least he'd be playing. Not to mention it'd be with a team that might want him back as a starter next year. Vogelbach seems like the perfect fit for a team in year one of a rebuild. In a way he could be to the Cubs what Gamel is to the Pirates. Playing on a crappy team is better than unemployed or in AAA somewhere.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I dont think you do all this for a guy with a 709 OPS in nearly 200 PA this year. His overall numbers last year are nearly identical. I dont get the love for Vogelbach. He's a DH and not a particularly good hitting one.

He's a guy who doesn't chase, doesn't swing and miss, has a good 2-strike approach and has easy power. It's not so much about exactly the player he is now, but about the player he could be if he turns that patient approach from what's more like passive right now into what could better be described as selective. So I think the case for keeping him around would be what happens if he can manage to do that. Now at some point you have to give up on that if it doesn't happen, and perhaps they'll do that now. But they also might want to try to give themselves more time to make that decision, especially with the DH likely to come next year.

He has a 752 ops vs righties which is really the relevant number since they could pick and choose his at bats as a bench guy more so then when he started at first base.

His BABIP is only .246 this season so he's been a bit unlucky as well.

A 752 OPS vs RH is pretty pathetic considering that is his only skill (hitting RH pitchers). Tyrone Taylor has a 750 OPS vs RH and a 857 OPS vs LH. I would rather keep Taylor over Vogelbach and play him vs RH if I had to chose between the two. The only other options are waving Jace Petersen or optioning Tellez. I'd rather have any of those three over Vogelbach going forward.

I'm all for trying to keep Vogelbach for as long as we can. He's nice depth and we have few alternative options in the minors that could replace him. I just dont want the Brewers to option/waive a better player just so we can possibly hang onto him longer.

He has a 752 ops vs righties which is really the relevant number since they could pick and choose his at bats as a bench guy more so then when he started at first base.

His BABIP is only .246 this season so he's been a bit unlucky as well.

Not sure where to ask this question, but how does the shift affect babip? It would seem to make sense that your babip would be lower if teams are shifting effectively for you. That would make a low babip seem less "bad luck", and more "you get what you deserve."

How much does Vogelbach get in first year of arby next year? That would be one of my first things to review on how much hoop jumping I go through to keep him as an option for 2022.

daniel vogelbach was a "super 2" player last offseason. he avoided arbitration by agreeing to a $1.4 million contract. this offseason will be second of four years of salary arbitration.

daniel vogelbach has started a new rehab assignment with class aaa nashville. it can last up to 20 days.

Which will get him a September roster spot. That works.

Looks like it'll be sooner with Taylor ticketed for the IL and need for a DH next weekend vs. Twins.

one has to wonder if the brewers will play with 14 pitchers on their active roster with the designated hitter in play for the next three games, or if they will decide to activate daniel vogelbach.

vogelbach last played tuesday for class aaa nashville, and is in the starting lineup tonight.

Archived