Brewer Fanatic

daniel vogelbach injury thread

djoctagone

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our options at AAA to replace him are:

Hiura - I hope not, I'd like him to spend more time in the minors

Green - While excited to see what he can do, his 39% K rate this year tells me I won't be excited

Wes Wilson - Maybe the best option, but still not tearing it up at AAA. 873 OPS is strong with a 23% K rate. The low batting average concerns me that he wont be able to translate this to the majors, but he could at least be as good as Vogelbach

Cooper Hummel - He's crushing it to the tune of 1030 OPS, but has been limited due to injuries and playing DH. I'm shocked to see that he has never played 1B in his career so maybe he doesn't belong on this list. But how hard can it be to play 1b?

Jaimie Westbrook - If I listed Cooper I guess I should list Jaimie. Jaimie has also been crushing it and at least has one professional game at 1B.

All but Hiura need to be added to the 40 man roster so we will need to clear a space to add them. These are not great options but the bar is low. Despite Vogelbach's recent hot streak, his OPS is just 709 for the season and he has been "JBJ" bad the last week (501 OPS).

Just call up Keston. It’s not like he could do any worse than he already has.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Our options at AAA to replace him are:

Hiura - I hope not, I'd like him to spend more time in the minors

Green - While excited to see what he can do, his 39% K rate this year tells me I won't be excited

Wes Wilson - Maybe the best option, but still not tearing it up at AAA. 873 OPS is strong with a 23% K rate. The low batting average concerns me that he wont be able to translate this to the majors, but he could at least be as good as Vogelbach

Cooper Hummel - He's crushing it to the tune of 1030 OPS, but has been limited due to injuries and playing DH. I'm shocked to see that he has never played 1B in his career so maybe he doesn't belong on this list. But how hard can it be to play 1b?

Jaimie Westbrook - If I listed Cooper I guess I should list Jaimie. Jaimie has also been crushing it and at least has one professional game at 1B.

All but Hiura need to be added to the 40 man roster so we will need to clear a space to add them. These are not great options but the bar is low. Despite Vogelbach's recent hot streak, his OPS is just 709 for the season and he has been "JBJ" bad the last week (501 OPS).

Just speed up the inevitable trade for Jesus

Seems like a no brainer to me and I don't think he would cost THAT much. Would immediately solve your 1B issues. Of course, it takes two teams to tango but the Marlins are going nowhere and might as well get something for him while he has value.

Community Moderator

Seems like a no brainer to me and I don't think he would cost THAT much. Would immediately solve your 1B issues. Of course, it takes two teams to tango but the Marlins are going nowhere and might as well get something for him while he has value.

Sort of amazing that the Marlins currently have the best run differential in the NL East (+17). They certainly don’t have the record to show for it, but I’m guessing they aren’t ready to be in sell mode just yet.

I had been keeping an eye on former Cardinal Rangel Ravelo who was tearing up Triple-A, but unfortunately the Orix Buffaloes of NPB wrestled him away from the Dodgers last week.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Marlins last seven games they have allowed...4, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2 & 2 runs.

Last seven games Marlins have scored...2, 1, 0, 10, 11, 0 & 1 runs.

So over a week where they allowed 12 runs & scored 25, they went 2-5. Seems like a microcosm of their season. Would love to read those IGTs on MarlinsFan.net. At least the 10/11 run games were against the Cubs.

Ideally Keston would get more time to iron things out in AAA, but we live in a less than ideal world. I think he'll get the call & a couple weeks to sink or swim while Stearns & company work the phones.

Wait a second, Aguilar has another year of team control so the Marlins don't have to move him, so they hold all the leverage and can demand premium talent in return. Thus, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a reunion with Jesus. Secondly, as others have alluded to, the Marlins pitching is actually superior to the Brewers and their offense is 14 runs worse than Milwaukee's.

The Marlins have had some bad luck this year, but I wouldn't say they're going nowhere. Their Division is a DeGrom injury away from being wide open.

Why not Cron?? Was anyone paying attention to what he did against the Brewers this past weekend? Might take a little overpay to get him before Friday, but they can't afford to have no production at first base.

I'm sure they'd deal him today if they could get Garret Mitchell or Ethan Small. Otherwise, they may as well hang on to him until the end of July to make sure they maximize their return before cashing him in.

Why not Cron?? Was anyone paying attention to what he did against the Brewers this past weekend? Might take a little overpay to get him before Friday, but they can't afford to have no production at first base.

Coors: .299/.385/.607

Away: .234/.359/.325

Logan Morrison is back playing for Reds AAA affiliate in Louisville. He's played about a week and is 8 for 23. I'm sure the Reds aren't looking to assist the Brewers but he is blocked and I suppose he's got an opt out at some point.

Coors: .299/.385/.607

Away: .234/.359/.325

Cron has a career .466 slugging percentage. Most of that career wasn't spent with the Rockies.

Trey Mancini?

Trey Mancini?

Trey Mancini?

Goin once, going twice, going three times....Reserve Price Not Met *Auction Cancelled*

Didn't you know that if you say his name three times, you wish him into existence in a Brewer uniform?

Whoops. Just really wanted to get my point across :laughing

Would love to read those IGTs on MarlinsFan.net.

I couldn't let this one slide, it's too good. :laughing

Doesn't look like that Marlins domain exists, [sarcasm]this could be a get rich quick opportunity...[/sarcasm]

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Archived