Brewer Fanatic

rhp miguel sanchez optioned

djoctagone

Community Moderator
Wow, an actual DSL guy makes it all the way up to Milwaukee. That is incredibly rare.

Miguel Sanchez is a good story, I’m really happy for him. He was signed at age-22 while serving in the Dominican Air Force.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Community Moderator
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think he might be the first pitcher since the DSL team was brought back to make it up to Milwaukee. He only had two appearances there, but it counts.

Jorge Lopez was the first, although he was a draft pick out of Puerto Rico. Miguel Diaz made it to the majors, just not with Milwaukee. Some made it really close before topping out at Triple-A, like Angel Ventura. If you want to get really technical, Orlando Arcia pitched in the majors. :laughing

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think he might be the first pitcher since the DSL team was brought back to make it up to Milwaukee. He only had two appearances there, but it counts.

Jorge Lopez was the first, although he was a draft pick out of Puerto Rico. Miguel Diaz made it to the majors, just not with Milwaukee. Some made it really close before topping out at Triple-A, like Angel Ventura. If you want to get really technical, Orlando Arcia pitched in the majors. :laughing

I completely forgot about Lopez’s stint there after struggling in Arizona.

Wow, an actual DSL guy makes it all the way up to Milwaukee. That is incredibly rare.

Miguel Sanchez is a good story, I’m really happy for him. He was signed at age-22 while serving in the Dominican Air Force.

So I was looking through a few of the old international signings threads and couldn't find anything on him. Was wondering if you could post a link or point me in the right direction. Just kind of wanted to see what was said about him when he was first signed.

Community Moderator
So I was looking through a few of the old international signings threads and couldn't find anything on him. Was wondering if you could post a link or point me in the right direction. Just kind of wanted to see what was said about him when he was first signed.

There wasn’t much fanfare surrounding his original signing, but here’s an article on him from the spring of 2019:

From the Dominican Air Force to Brewers camp, pitcher Miguel Sánchez is soaring

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...