Brewer Fanatic

2021-06-20: Brewers (Lauer) at Rockies (González) [Brewers win, 7-6 -- Crew blows 6-run lead, but Vogelbach provides a 9th inning go ahead RBI single]

Eye Black
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hader, Williams, Box, Suter, Richards are all good to solid options. They really need to round out the bottom to just not be a group of turds.

Not sure I agree with that on the last three. All are just as likely to have a bad game as a good one and Suter and Richards should be the back end. I'm sure Ashby will be up sooner rather than later and maybe Wahl can give them something but they need some help.

It’s easy to downgrade your own but this is simply not true going by the numbers. Richards has done a really nice job since the trade.

Seconded. Godley should not be on the roster, but he is, so Counsell has to/will pitch him. A 3-run lead at Coors is never the time or place.

Box 3.14 ERA .942 WHIP 3.73FIP

Suter 3.82 ERA 1.415 WHIP 4.02 FIP

Richards 2.63 ERA 1.098 WHIP 3.83 FIP

Godley 9.00 ERA 2.00 WHIP 5.84 FIP

Maybe small samples here and there, but if you show me those four options and a three run lead (assuming availability), I’d never choose the fourth.

Community Moderator

With Peterson on 2B the Rockies weren’t able to shift Vogelbach and he was able to take advantage.

Edit: How did Vogelbach get thrown out on that. I mean great hit, but please don’t get thrown out on that garbage. I guess we’re lucky Peterson wasn’t thrown out at home.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

CC moves the 2 hottest batters to the bottom half of the order to fix the lack of production from 5-8.

WOAH SOLVDD

I don’t get this batting order. If you have Wong, Adames, and Urias available, why put a slow, bases clogger like Vogelbach second? I would think something like Urias second with Vogelbach seventh would make more sense.

With nobody resting, I would go: Wong, Urias, Yelich, Garcia, Narvaez, Adames, Vogelbach, Bradley, Pitcher, or something similar.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

CC moves the 2 hottest batters to the bottom half of the order to fix the lack of production from 5-8.

WOAH SOLVDD

I don’t get this batting order. If you have Wong, Adames, and Urias available, why put a slow, bases clogger like Vogelbach second? I would think something like Urias second with Vogelbach seventh would make more sense.

With nobody resting, I would go: Wong, Urias, Yelich, Garcia, Narvaez, Adames, Vogelbach, Bradley, Pitcher, or something similar.

Without looking, I'm pretty sure hes had a solid OBP lately and has had good at bats.

WOAH SOLVDD

Yeah, I don’t get having Vogelbach bat second, especially with the way Urias and Adames have been hitting, and then getting Wong back. The thought must be to move some of the hotter hitters down to spread out better at-bats, but that doesn’t make sense either.

Community Moderator
Beautiful at bat by Vogelbach. And while I love to see Yelich slap singles all over the field, it hurts to see he’s become a singles hitter. 1 extra base hit in the last 9 games…

I agree that I want to see him getting the ball elevated more, but he’s also been walking at an insane 24% rate since he returned, so it seems he’s gotten pitched around a bit as well.

Vogelbach has had a very nice OBP but so have Adames and Urias. Put your athletes on top. Let Vogelbach mash in the 4-6 hole depending on who is sitting.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Community Moderator
Did they say if Hader was up in the pen? I know in the beginning of the inning they said he wasn’t up, hopefully that changed? Curious since he’s pitched a lot lately, and hoping he’s not unavailable today.

Vogelbach has had a very nice OBP but so have Adames and Urias. Put your athletes on top. Let Vogelbach mash in the 4-6 hole depending on who is sitting.

I agree, just saying that he hasnt been pathetic and there are surely worse options. I'd prefer Adames, but I'm not going to complain about Vogelbach. I will say that I do like his 2 strike approach too.

Community Moderator
Just a random observation, also watching the Reds-Padres game and just noticed Trent Grisham is now 4-for-31 with 10 strikeouts and just 2 walks since returning from his hamstring injury. Wonder if it’s still bothering him a bit.

I would be a lot more confident if Josh Hader was on the mound in this situation. Boxberger has been very good, but still some good hitters coming up this inning.

I've been told Box is a good to solid option that we shouldn't be nervous about.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I would be a lot more confident if Josh Hader was on the mound in this situation. Boxberger has been very good, but still some good hitters coming up this inning.

I've been told Box is a good to solid option that we shouldn't be nervous about.

You shouldn’t be all to nervous. He’s not elite like Hader but he’s been very good this season and has done some great work for Milwaukee.

Still in 1st! Good win!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

You shouldn’t be all to nervous. He’s not elite like Hader but he’s been very good this season and has done some great work for Milwaukee.

Still in 1st! Good win!

His FIP was nearing 4 coming into this one. Very good might be a bit of a stretch. I think he is a lot closer to "just a guy" than not. I'm not saying the guy sucks but he should be the fifth or sixth guy, not the second or third.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived