Brewer Fanatic

2021-06-16: Reds (Mahle) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers lose, 2-1 -- Reds sweep the Crew]

Eye Black
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Due for some regression. Was hoping to get one; didn't happen.

This team is about where it should be. Hit the reset (and get healthy), put together a winning road trip, all is good.

True b2b quality starts 14IP 2ERs. Sucks they wasted great starts vs a division foe.

Forgot there was a game today got caught up in work, seems like it is always getting swept by the Reds or Pirates that knocks us off stride but I sure it's just because I remember it more when we lose to perceived lesser teams. At least we got beat by a good pitcher today but it doesn't matter much with this offense.

This is total mess of a lineup and its on Stearns to make more additions. The Pitchers in back to back games pitched gems and we lost both do a Crappy Offense. Haines needs to be shown the door for better or worse . the teams not going to win with these career minor leagues in the lineup.

Tired of watching garbage hitters such as Lopes, Robertson, and Peterson and you can even add JBJ to that list. Journeymen with the exception of JBJ and he might even be the worst out of all of them right now. Reyes also is simply not good. I know injuries have decimated this team but you cannot tell me that there aren’t guys out there that can be had that can at least hit the damn baseball around a .200 batting average. And before you all respond, “ well batting average is irrelevant” of course batting average isnt the most important stat but it tells a story like any other stat, and the story it tells for this team is that we suck. Bottom 3 in almost every major offensive category.

This is total mess of a lineup and its on Stearns to make more additions. The Pitchers in back to back games pitched gems and we lost both do a Crappy Offense. Haines needs to be shown the door for better or worse . the teams not going to win with these career minor leagues in the lineup.

I wouldn’t call the Reds a lesser team. Their recent performances suggest that their pitching is rounding into shape after an awful start, and they have a potent lineup. They figure to be in the division race until the end and I’m not sure you can say that about the Brewers.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
An offense without Wong, Taylor, Shaw and Cain simply couldn't afford to sit Adames and Narvaez the same day. I hope Adames is physically and mentally fine. 3-4 ABs of him batting behind Garcia and we'd have probably cashed in opportunities.

First and likely only game of the season for me today. Glad I went but wow that was some putrid offense.

There were a couple scouts sitting near me that were clearly there to watch Mahle. One was wearing a KC championship ring, not that that necessarily means he still works for them, and I didn't ask.

Forgot about game , glad I did . Yikes , we struck out 17 times. Cincy is a scary team , lineup can hit. If they get consistent pitching ,we can be looking at the NL central champs. Then again it is our pitiful lineup they went against.

One of the best things I like about CC is that he never seems to panic and I think that helps our club. He continues to stay with what he believes is the best for the long-term of this season and keeps his entire roster engaged. I know a lot of fans get frustrated with this but it sure seems to be working the last few seasons. I think back to 2018 when we overtook Chicago and how well we played down the stretch.

That approach is likely to be more successful when you have a roster full of major league players to plug in when you give someone a day off, and several productive hitters in your everyday lineup. This team has neither of those things. It’s tough when your pitchers have to shut down one of the best scoring teams in the league just to have a chance and, as we saw last night, even that may not be good enough.

Agreed. This is a bummer of a lineup. Will stink to get swept by the Reds as they are surging.

Archived