Brewer Fanatic

2021-06-16: Reds (Mahle) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers lose, 2-1 -- Reds sweep the Crew]

Eye Black

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is a scary 6-7-8.

And Pina batting fifth.

Counsell is obviously taking a long view and isn’t concerned about getting swept by a team charging up on them in the division race.

I expected Narvaez to get the day off, but taking out Adames too removes two of the better hitters from a lineup that is weak on its best days.

Over-under on runs today? 0.5?

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Community Moderator
That is a scary 6-7-8.

Yeah, the Brewers currently have 12 position players on the active roster, and a third of them are Daniel Robertson, Jace Peterson, Pablo Reyes, and Tim Lopes. Even when Wong, Taylor, and Cain are back there will be some room to improve the bottom of the roster.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

One of the best things I like about CC is that he never seems to panic and I think that helps our club. He continues to stay with what he believes is the best for the long-term of this season and keeps his entire roster engaged. I know a lot of fans get frustrated with this but it sure seems to be working the last few seasons. I think back to 2018 when we overtook Chicago and how well we played down the stretch.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

One of the best things I like about CC is that he never seems to panic and I think that helps our club. He continues to stay with what he believes is the best for the long-term of this season and keeps his entire roster engaged. I know a lot of fans get frustrated with this but it sure seems to be working the last few seasons. I think back to 2018 when we overtook Chicago and how well we played down the stretch.

That approach is likely to be more successful when you have a roster full of major league players to plug in when you give someone a day off, and several productive hitters in your everyday lineup. This team has neither of those things. It’s tough when your pitchers have to shut down one of the best scoring teams in the league just to have a chance and, as we saw last night, even that may not be good enough.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

That approach is likely to be more successful when you have a roster full of major league players to plug in when you give someone a day off, and several productive hitters in your everyday lineup. This team has neither of those things. It’s tough when your pitchers have to shut down one of the best scoring teams in the league just to have a chance and, as we saw last night, even that may not be good enough.

Agreed. This is a bummer of a lineup. Will stink to get swept by the Reds as they are surging.

Agreed. This is a bummer of a lineup. Will stink to get swept by the Reds as they are surging.

You guys should probably go look at that 2018 roster and see how many plate appearances came from below average hitters. Your memories are failing you.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I still can’t believe a Brian Anderson outing and we shutout against team for nine innings and lost

That really stings. Like really really stings. Bad

Good thing that shutouts still only count as one loss. I think we will be alright.

You guys should probably go look at that 2018 roster and see how many plate appearances came from below average hitters. Your memories are failing you.

Did we just have one or two below average batters consistently in the lineup? I can’t believe that we regularly had half the lineup be this sub-par. Also, we didn’t have position players batting close to .150. This is a whole new level of suckitude.

First and third with none out and the number 3 hitter up, then bases loaded with one out and the number 5 hitter up would usually be considered a good scoring opportunity. But, not with this team.

Archived