Brewer Fanatic

2021-06-14: Reds (Gutiérrez) at Brewers (Lauer) [Brewers lose, 10-2 -- Pitching struggles and Crew goes hitless after 2nd inning]

Eye Black
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yardley…just feels like you’re giving the Reds the game. Hope I’m wrong.

This is the result of how much Hader and Williams pitched over the weekend. They’d probably like to give Boxberger a day off too, so they’re going to try to get through this game with the pitching C team.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Yardley…just feels like you’re giving the Reds the game. Hope I’m wrong.

This is the result of how much Hader and Williams pitched over the weekend. They’d probably like to give Boxberger a day off too, so they’re going to try to get through this game with the pitching C team.

Srickland has closer experience. It would be nice to have another guy to be in the late game mix.

Win 10 out of 12 with both losses being to a guy nobody has ever heard of would be unfortunate.

But when Lauer and Anderson start it isn’t surprising. If the Brewers don’t come back tonight, their last 3 losses will be games started by Anderson or Lauer in which they put the team in an early hole.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

There are just too many guys on this roster that shouldn't be on a major league roster much less a contenders roster. What CC does is just amazing given the roster.
but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I just don't understand how a major league team like the brewers can't afford 13 major league caliber pitchers at all times. They don't even have anyone of note injured. Yardley Linblom etc should not be here. Yardley pitching to any lefty seems like asking for trouble. Missed opportunity here tonight.

There are just too many guys on this roster that shouldn't be on a major league roster much less a contenders roster. What CC does is just amazing given the roster.

I mean there's a ton of garbage at the back end of the roster, but the top 3 starters are about as good as any in baseball, the back end of the pen is pretty good and Yelich, Narvaez, Adames and a couple others are pretty legit. I don't doubt that CC is doing a fine job but it's not like they're totally void of talent.

I mean there's a ton of garbage at the back end of the roster, but the top 3 starters are about as good as any in baseball, the back end of the pen is pretty good and Yelich, Narvaez, Adames and a couple others are pretty legit. I don't doubt that CC is doing a fine job but it's not like they're totally void of talent.

Not at all what I said.

They are not void of talent but it is surprising given the payroll they have Tim Lopes Hoby Milner Yardley etc on this team. Its not like you expect 25 all stars but man this team is really about 15 deep. The last ten guys are really a drag. The Cain contract is crippling. So is Bradley. Imagine the quality depth you could buy for 30 million dollars.

They are not void of talent but it is surprising given the payroll they have Tim Lopes Hoby Milner Yardley etc on this team. Its not like you expect 25 all stars but man this team is really about 15 deep. The last ten guys are really a drag. The Cain contract is crippling. So is Bradley. Imagine the quality depth you could buy for 30 million dollars.

And Peterson, and Reyes, and Lauer, and Anderson, and Peterson and...

Archived