Brewer Fanatic

2021-06-14: Reds (Gutiérrez) at Brewers (Lauer) [Brewers lose, 10-2 -- Pitching struggles and Crew goes hitless after 2nd inning]

Eye Black
The Brewers just have to score one more run than the Reds. That’s all that it takes to win.

Do you think the Brewers can score 10? That might (or might not) be enough.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Brewers just have to score one more run than the Reds. That’s all that it takes to win.

Do you think the Brewers can score 10? That might (or might not) be enough.

I guess we will find out. ;)

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Can’t imagine Lauer lasts too much longer tonight. He needs to find some semblance of command pretty quickly here.

With the top end of the bullpen unavailable, this might be a “take one for the club” concession game. Need to save the better long relievers to cover for Anderson tomorrow.

I’m guessing we’ll be seeing Weigel before Richards.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I can recommend some decent hot chicken places in Nashville, Eric.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Can’t imagine Lauer lasts too much longer tonight. He needs to find some semblance of command pretty quickly here.

With the top end of the bullpen unavailable, this might be a “take one for the club” concession game. Need to save the better long relievers to cover for Anderson tomorrow.

Weigel's on a plane to Nashville, so, no.

Weigel was optioned to make room for Strickland

I get the want to go to the 6 man rotation but you don't have 6 starting pitchers. You are in a 100 game season right now. Not sure this is going to work unless you are going to give Ashby a shot. Lauer is not that guy.

Lauer is about as unenjoyable as a pitcher can be to watch work. Slow like a Claudio Vargas and nibbles like a Doug Davis.

Oh man, Doug Davis is such a good comp for his pitching style.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Weigel was optioned to make room for Strickland

Didn’t hear that. Then might as well throw Strickland in there and see what he can do in a low leverage situation.

There was no reason to think Lauer was going to hold the Reds down after he got bombed by the Tigers two weeks ago.

If the Brewers are really going to use a 6 man rotation until the All Star break they’re going to have to win 60% of the other guys’ starts just to go.500.

launch angle 390

Lauer's got a pretty nice swing.

Archived