Brewer Fanatic

2021-06-12: Pirates (Kuhl) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers win, 7-4 -- Crew comes back to score 7 unanswered runs; bullpen covers 5 scoreless innings]

Eye Black
God, I love reading these game threads after the fact.

The negativity for a team that had won 13 of 15 going into today is just hilarious.

So many dumb comments I can't quote then all.

It's a game thread and the game wasn't going well early. Really not surprising that people were frustrated in a game that we were losing 4-0. I'm sure some comments were a little overreactionary, but just scanning through quick it doesn't even seem that bad at all. It's not like people were saying we suck and are a fluke.

Really seems in poor taste to not have any involvement in the GT and then just show up 8 hours after the fact just to call out fellow posters for "dumb comments".

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The negativity for a team that had won 13 of 15 going into today is just hilarious.

It's a game thread and the game wasn't going well early. Really not surprising that people were frustrated in a game that we were losing 4-0. I'm sure some comments were a little overreactionary, but just scanning through quick it doesn't even seem that bad at all. It's not like people were saying we suck and are a fluke.

Really seems in poor taste to not have any involvement in the GT and then just show up 8 hours after the fact just to call out fellow posters for "dumb comments".

Exactly. Most of the comments I make on game threads are things I would be saying to my daughters (who are adults) if we were sitting at the game. The biggest difference is that things I say at the game may include some expletives that I leave out of posts. For example, a comment like “Take your time covering the bag Robertson” would definitely have a few more words.

We’re going to our second game of the year today. The first one was the infamous 10-9 game against the Braves in May. When the Brewers started to blow that 8-0 lead with walks, wild pitches, and errors, I made the comment “Now here comes Freddie Freeman to hit a grand slam homer”, which was obviously a frustrated articulation of how things were going. In some cases those worst fears are realized.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I wouldn't go so far as to call other posters comments dumb but the IGT threads are pretty funny to read with the over the top negativity. Stearns sucks, Counsell sucks, the offense sucks, Haines sucks, the bullpen sucks, it is an automatic loss if they get behind by any amount of runs, it is a joke if they don't play perfectly every inning and on and on. One or more of these tropes show up in every single thread like you have to say these things or you're not in the cool kids clique. The team obviously has warts but I can't think of a team that doesn't. All of this for a team 10 games over .500 and what, a top ten winning percentage in all of baseball (and third in the NL). I mean, do your thing but it is what it is.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived