Brewer Fanatic

2021-06-12: Pirates (Kuhl) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers win, 7-4 -- Crew comes back to score 7 unanswered runs; bullpen covers 5 scoreless innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another day, another win. 10 over .500!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Box has worked a ton this season…..maybe he is the guy they are trying to avoid using

CC “ I really wanted to stay away from Bix today…..we’ve barely been able to get him 2 days in a row off for The Who.e season”

Always nice to get one right.

So with both Cain and Taylor on the IL we are down to 1 center fielder. Really going to miss the right handed bats as we go forward. I wonder if Garcia gets a start or 2 in center…..we don’t have any depth left out there though.

So with both Cain and Taylor on the IL we are down to 1 center fielder. Really going to miss the right handed bats as we go forward. I wonder if Garcia gets a start or 2 in center…..we don’t have any depth left out there though.

If needed they can bring up Ray to play CF.

If needed they can bring up Ray to play CF.

He is also hurt…….. https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/brewers-corey-ray-placed-on-7-day-injured-list/

I just saw that Counsell will be skipping tomorrow’s game to attend his son’s graduation from Whitefish Bay High School.

Good for him. There are some dates in life that are more important than your job or a baseball game.

Verified Member
Apparently burnes spin rate was way down today as were a bunch of other pitchers

The second half of the season could be a lot different

Yes and no. Just looking at the data his average spin rate today was below his season average, but spin rate is variable and it was not even his lowest spin rate game of the season for most of his pitches. (If the implication is that he has suddenly stopping using a foreign substance due to some crackdown.)

Verified Member
I just saw that Counsell will be skipping tomorrow’s game to attend his son’s graduation from Whitefish Bay High School.

Good for him. There are some dates in life that are more important than your job or a baseball game.

This does show tremendous amount of understanding by CC about the role that he plays within the social sphere and the type of public example that he can set about where priorities should lie.

That said, if my dad was the manager of the Brewers and skipped out on his job to attend a scam of a weird robed ceremony and annoying speeches I'd kind of be disappointed. I'd skip my own graduation ceremony 100/100 times if it meant I got to go to a Brewer game instead.

That should in no way show what value I place upon education or academics-particularly at that level where it is oh so important. I just hate most ceremonies.

It’s almost a certainty we’ll make Kuhl look like a perennial all-star out there which means this one is as good as over.

The chart they showed of Kuhl and other pitchers all-time that have dominated the Brewers included Jerry Reuss. I remember the Brewers trading for Reuss when he was 40 years old seemingly because of how good he’d been against them. So maybe in dozen years from now they’ll trade for an over the hill Chad Kuhl.

^ This. This was the Brewers "big" deadline trade in 1989, that left many scratching their heads. Why trade for an aging so-so starter? Reuss had two more starts scheduled against the Brewers as a White Sox, so trade for the guy and then won't have to face him. No idea until today he was the #2 all-time Brewer Killer.

Archived