Brewer Fanatic

2021-06-11: Pirates (De Jong) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 7-4 -- Crew draws 11 walks, meanwhile pitchers allow no walks]

Eye Black
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every time we play the Pirates there seems to be a moment where I think how are these guys so bad except against us?
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Urias still can't consistantly make a throw.

That is concerning.

Did he have a lot of time to think about the throw? I missed it

No, he fielded a swinging bunt on the run and almost beaned the batter running up the line.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

That is concerning.

Honestly that is what I have been telling myself. That Urias only muffs a throw when he has time to think about it.

"It's ok not to be superstitious but you should be a little stitious." - adambr2 6/4/21

That is concerning.

No, he fielded a swinging bunt on the run and almost beaned the batter running up the line.

It was a tough play and Vogelbach should’ve caught it.

ETA: That isn’t to say it was a good throw.

Community Moderator
According to Pirates broadcaster that was the first bases loaded double of Yelich career. That is a crazy stat.

Especially considering he has a career .281 batting average with the bases loaded (77 plate appearances), and has two triples, and two grand slams.

First time the Pirates had 3 straight bases loaded walks since April of 1984.

This guy is an encyclopedia of knowledge!!! Either that or he has a nerdy intern who’s good with a computer and the interweb....

Probably the second one...

Meanwhile back on the Brewers broadcast, Tim Dillard is just making up random fake stats during the between half inning segment.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

The Brewers have been regularly scoring 5, 6, and 7 runs over the last 3ish weeks but they haven't scored more than 7 since May 23rd. How about a snowman in June fellas?
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Looking at the schedule. We play 6 straight games versus the reds

That seems kind of ridiculous. That’s like a playoff series

It's actually seven straight. July 8th-11th @ home, then July 16th-18th on the road, with the All Star Break in the middle.

Archived