Brewer Fanatic

2021-06-11: Pirates (De Jong) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 7-4 -- Crew draws 11 walks, meanwhile pitchers allow no walks]

Eye Black

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't look now, but the Brewers could run out a lineup with eight above average hitters tonight if they so choose...

3B Urias (103 wRC+)

1B Vogelbach (103 wRC+)

LF Yelich (118 wRC+)

RF Garcia (110 wRC+)

C Narvaez (147 wRC+)

SS Adames (145 wRC+)

CF Taylor (111 wRC+)

2B Peterson (117 wRC+)

Not a fan of playing these pesky Pirates. It seems like they've given us fits lately. They've scored the second fewest runs in MLB but have some pretty good hitters at the top of their lineup in Frazier, Hayes, Reynolds and Moran.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Not a fan of playing these pesky Pirates. It seems like they've given us fits lately. They've scored the second fewest runs in MLB but have some pretty good hitters at the top of their lineup in Frazier, Hayes, Reynolds and Moran.

I'd be more than happy if the Pirates wanted to leave Colin Moran in Milwaukee on Sunday. Lefty hitter, can play 3rd or 1st somewhat competently. Hitting well this year. Good clubhouse guy. Can't imagine the cost would be too severe. He'd be a good target.

I'm going tonight and excited to finally get to a game this year. Can't wait!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm going tonight and excited to finally get to a game this year. Can't wait!

That's awesome. I can't wait to get up to a game.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'd be more than happy if the Pirates wanted to leave Colin Moran in Milwaukee on Sunday. Lefty hitter, can play 3rd or 1st somewhat competently. Hitting well this year. Good clubhouse guy. Can't imagine the cost would be too severe. He'd be a good target.

I really disagree with the notion that because a certain player plays for Detroit, Pittsburgh, Baltimore etc. their current team will trade them away without exacting a significant return.

Moran is controlled through the end of the 2023 season, plays third base (as well as 1B and some 2B) and has a career slash line of .272/.330/.430. Moreover, he is in the midst of a 'break out' season with a slash line of .292/.358/.458.

Moran would be a useful player on just about every contending team's roster. The Pirates likely could get a Top 100 prospect for Moran if they wanted to trade him right now.

I really disagree with the notion that because a certain player plays for Detroit, Pittsburgh, Baltimore etc. their current team will trade them away without exacting a significant return.

Moran is controlled through the end of the 2023 season, plays third base (as well as 1B and some 2B) and has a career slash line of .272/.330/.430. Moreover, he is in the midst of a 'break out' season with a slash line of .292/.358/.458.

Moran would be a useful player on just about every contending team's roster. The Pirates likely could get a Top 100 prospect for Moran if they wanted to trade him right now.

Worth mentioning that he's got a .383 BABIP + a 27% strikeout rate right now. He's a serviceable player, but idk about a Top 100 prospect return. He was also hit by a pitch on his hand the other day, so hopefully he doesn't play in this Brewers series.

Don't look now, but the Brewers could run out a lineup with eight above average hitters tonight if they so choose...

3B Urias (103 wRC+)

1B Vogelbach (103 wRC+)

LF Yelich (118 wRC+)

RF Garcia (110 wRC+)

C Narvaez (147 wRC+)

SS Adames (145 wRC+)

CF Taylor (111 wRC+)

2B Peterson (117 wRC+)

That is the Adames Brewer only number but it’s nice that his overall wRC+ is up to 100 now

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

3B Urias (103 wRC+)

1B Vogelbach (103 wRC+)

LF Yelich (118 wRC+)

RF Garcia (110 wRC+)

C Narvaez (147 wRC+)

SS Adames (145 wRC+)

CF Taylor (111 wRC+)

2B Peterson (117 wRC+)

That is the Adames Brewer only number but it’s nice that his overall wRC+ is up to 100 now

I knew he had good numbers as a Brewer but I didn't know they were this good.

308/384/508/891

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Community Moderator

Brewers record versus each division opponent thus far:

6-3 vs. Cubs

4-2 vs. Reds

3-3 vs. Cardinals

1-2 vs. Pirates

Hopefully by the end of the weekend the Brewers are back to even (or better) against the Pirates.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Community Moderator
Not possible with Woodruff throwing a no-no...

Well an 8 pitch first inning is a good start.

Also, is it considered a jinx if you type it before the game even starts?

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Of course it will be Ben Gamel that haunts the Brewers this weekend.

Always the former Brewers who get us...

Sorry for the no no jinx.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived