Brewer Fanatic

2021-06-10: Brewers (Peralta) at Reds (Castillo) [Brewers win, 7-2 -- Offense breaks out following rain delay]

Eye Black

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
An early one today. If you look at the batter versus pitcher stats this one appears to be a significant advantage for the Reds (Reds hitters with career .934 OPS vs. Peralta; Brewers hitters with career .506 OPS vs. Castillo), but the way both pitchers have been trending this season it should hopefully be closer to the reverse of those historical lines.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Community Moderator

Willy Adames since joining the Brewers:

.300 BA / .382 OBP / .483 SLG / .866 OPS / 137 OPS+ / 140 wRC+ / 11.8% BB% / 25.0% K%

I’m not sure it’s fair to expect him to be quite that good offensively going forward (although his career road OPS with Tampa Bay was .854), but it sure feels like the Brewers have their best all-around shortstop in a long time.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Willy Adames since joining the Brewers:

.300 BA / .382 OBP / .483 SLG / .866 OPS / 137 OPS+ / 25% strikeout rate

I’m not sure it’s fair to expect him to be quite that good offensively going forward (although his career road OPS with Tampa Bay was .854), but it sure feels like the Brewers have their best all-around shortstop in a long time.

Urias since the trade:

.275 BA / .362 OBP / .529 SLG / .891 OPS / 143 wRC+ / 21% strikeout rate

This too may be over his head by a bit, but he looks comfortable and happy since the trade.

Getting Garcia to be productive certainly has made a huge difference. Can only imagine how bad this offense would be if Garcia was playing like last year. Last year he was 238/333/326 with 2HR and 15 RBI in 181 at bats. This season 251/319/471 with 12 HR and 36 RBI in 191 at bats. May have sacrificed on base a little bit this year but will take it if he ends up slugging closer to 500 than the 300 he was last year.

Getting Garcia to be productive certainly has made a huge difference. Can only imagine how bad this offense would be if Garcia was playing like last year. Last year he was 238/333/326 with 2HR and 15 RBI in 181 at bats. This season 251/319/471 with 12 HR and 36 RBI in 191 at bats. May have sacrificed on base a little bit this year but will take it if he ends up slugging closer to 500 than the 300 he was last year.

End of April into early May showed us just how lethal that offense was....lethal to anybody watching it that is

51 pitches for Peralta to get through 3 innings and then a double to lead off the 4th meaning more stress. He might not see the 6th today.

Who would think that an offense with Jace Peterson batting 6th would have trouble scoring.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Levering and Grindle are soooo bad. I know they have to fill air time but everything that comes out of their mouths in between pitches seems like the product of someone with an IQ of 40

It's gotta be really difficult to come up as a play by play guy and then suddenly be asked to be the color guy.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Peralta looks to be on fumes. Not even coming close after getting two strikes on K machine Suarez.

It is raining, so that may not be helping.

True, but he hasn’t been very efficient today. At least he got through the fourth but I wont be surprised if he doesn’t come back after the delay with 75 mostly stressful pitches already

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived