Brewer Fanatic

travis shaw claimed by red sox

djoctagone

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dislocated left shoulder.

Dislocated shouders are about a 3-4 month full recovery time. With his poor showing this year, I think the best Shaw can hope for next year is a minor lg. contract. It might also be the end of the line for him.

I swear in football guys often enough dislocate a shoulder and find their way back in the game. I suppose they don't need nearly that level of precision to swing a bat and hit a baseball. It just kinda floors me that a dislocated shoulder is 3-4 months.

If that timeline is accurate, there's no way we'd have him get meaningful at bats in September or later. He's done this year.

I swear in football guys often enough dislocate a shoulder and find their way back in the game. I suppose they don't need nearly that level of precision to swing a bat and hit a baseball. It just kinda floors me that a dislocated shoulder is 3-4 months.

If that timeline is accurate, there's no way we'd have him get meaningful at bats in September or later. He's done this year.

It all depends on the damage to the tissue surrounding the shoulder when it came out of joint. The team doctors probably manually manipulated it back into the joint in the clubhouse. It’s now a question of getting inflammation out and strengthening the muscles around the shoulder so it doesn’t become a chronic thing, that’s where the lengthy recovery time comes from.

Then again Tatis suffered a dislocated shoulder and partial labrum tear in early April and he was back playing in May

Brad Davison (basketball) played his entire freshman year at Wisconsin with a dislocated shoulder that popped out maybe a half dozen times and had to be manually popped back into place in the locker room. It's not been an issue since his freshman year. I suspect Shaw will play again but not this year.

Perez seems to be the logical replacement for now but Jake Hager is on the 40 man and he has experience at 3rd base.

It all depends on the damage to the tissue surrounding the shoulder when it came out of joint. The team doctors probably manually manipulated it back into the joint in the clubhouse. It’s now a question of getting inflammation out and strengthening the muscles around the shoulder so it doesn’t become a chronic thing, that’s where the lengthy recovery time comes from.

Spot on. I had a similar injury in college where I dove for a ball in the outfield except I also tore my rotator cuff and labrum so I was out for about a year.

What was so bad about Jedd Gyorko?

How about Brad Miller (.280/.346/.475) or Jake Lamb (.242/.356/.468)? Both of those guys were out there for most of the winter.

Gyorko is still a free agent. Which is especially infuriating with how poor 1B/3B have venom and with how desperately a RHB to go between those 2 positions is needed

How about Brad Miller (.280/.346/.475) or Jake Lamb (.242/.356/.468)? Both of those guys were out there for most of the winter.

Gyorko is still a free agent. Which is especially infuriating with how poor 1B/3B have venom and with how desperately a RHB to go between those 2 positions is needed

Except I read somewhere that Gyroko in involved in a new business venture and isn't interested in playing.

Edit: Gyorko is managing one of the six teams in the MLB Draft League to be close to home. Hasn't closed the door to playing again but it doesn't look like it will be this year.

By choice most likely. So I'm not sure why that is infuriating.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm not sure I buy that Gyorko isn't playing by choice. I think at this point that may be the case, but it felt like a situation where the Brewers weren't interested and he wasn't in a camp and by then, he moved on and was happy. The Brewers had an option on this season originally. Just an odd move all around for someone who was a mild bright spot last year.

Archived