Brewer Fanatic

Will 2021 finally be the year we get another no-hitter?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I was fortunate to listen to Bob Uecker for most of Juan Nieves' no-hitter back in 1987 (I missed the beginning of it); though it took me a bit to figure out he actually had a no-hitter since you didn't talk about it then. :)

Will this finally be the year that we break the drought? We certainly have a couple of things going for us:

- Three pitchers that legitimately have a chance to go no-hit on any given night.

- A dead-ball year or reduced offense year (however you want to term it).

But which one will pull it off? Woodruff seems to have the best chance as he tends to have lower pitch counts than Burnes and Peralta. But really any of them could pull off the feat.

So do you think we will see a no-no this year?

I don't think we will but if we do it will probably be Houser who does it. Burnes, Peralta and Woodruff are strike out pitchers which means their stuff is going to provide some power to a batter where if they just make contact it could go for a bloop single. I think Houser has the best shot as he is a more pitch to contact and get ground balls type of a pitcher.

Community Moderator

Starts with two hits or less this year (from the big three starters)...

Freddy Peralta has 6 total: 4 starts allowing one hit, 2 starts allowing two hits

Corbin Burnes has 5 total: 2 starts allowing one hit, 3 starts allowing two hits

Brandon Woodruff has 5 total: 2 starts allowing one hit, 3 starts allowing two hits

Not just “at Night” anymore.

If I had to vote I’d take Woodruff. He, BY FAR, is the best at having his “stuff” go deep into games. Peralta got pretty far, but his stuff can’t go 9. Peralta needs serious luck to get through the end of a game.

Archived