Brewer Fanatic

2021-06-05: Diamondbacks (Kelly) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 7-5 -- Yelich and Narvaez back-to-back HRs break the tie in the 8th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Ketel One and Marte can hit
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

[sarcasm]Should’ve used Hader in the 7th.[/sarcasm]
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Give the hitter some credit. I think that was actually outside the zone.

sY1XIGj.png?1

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I’m seeing another example of why I think the Brewers would be great in 7 inning games. That bridge between the starters and Hader has been hard to fill.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Sometimes pitchers are going to have bad days. It happens. We haven’t had many of them. Time for the offense to pick up Suter.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Suter sucks and is fooling no one.

History indicates that the first part of this statement is extremely incorrect. Second part is spot on, though, at least today.

I have no faith in Suter every outing he comes out and you can quote his career stats all day long, I know they're solid. He's an extremely intelligent guy and that has gotten him a long ways in this league but there isn't anything special in that arm to get by when hitters figure him out.

Sometimes pitchers are going to have bad days. It happens. We haven’t had many of them. Time for the offense to pick up Suter.

I'm not normally a blame CC guy but it seems like Suter has pitched a lot. Would be nice to score a few more so we can give our "A" games a little more time off.

We traded the two guys that would normally pitch there. But the guy we got in return was the reason we had the lead. What does this all mean? Time is a flat circle.

Suter sucks and is fooling no one.

History indicates that the first part of this statement is extremely incorrect. Second part is spot on, though, at least today.

I have no faith in Suter every outing he comes out and you can quote his career stats all day long, I know they're solid. He's an extremely intelligent guy and that has gotten him a long ways in this league but there isn't anything special in that arm to get by when hitters figure him out.

He's certainly a guy who has managed to get the most out of a marginal level of talent. He isn't special, and I was never arguing that he was. There is plenty of gray area between a "special" player and one who "sucks", though, and Suter is probably on the upper end of that area. He's been a solid MLB pitcher for a period that is substantially more than a small sample now. That's all I'm saying.

He obviously wasn't good today. Frankly, he hasn't been great this season. But he doesn't "suck".

We traded the two guys that would normally pitch there. But the guy we got in return was the reason we had the lead. What does this all mean? Time is a flat circle.

I'll still do that deal 10 times out of 10. But this pen needs help. I would guess at least one trade for a pen arm is happening this summer and Ashby wearing a Brewer uniform before the end of the month would not shock me.

Archived