Brewer Fanatic

kolten wong returns from paternity leave

djoctagone
  • 1 month later...
I think we are all disappointed in Kolten's lack of discipline. Everybody knows you don't have sex November to February to avoid a birth during the stretch run (no pun intended).

I would expect an ex Cardinal player to know that unwritten rule...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I think we are all disappointed in Kolten's lack of discipline. Everybody knows you don't have sex November to February to avoid a birth during the stretch run (no pun intended).

I would expect an ex Cardinal player to know that unwritten rule...

Which begs the odd question. Like other seasonal jobs, are most births 9 months from the off-season?

I realize the post was in jest, and I'm not passing judgement on Kolten, however....

I'd like to think if I were a MLB player, were married, and my wife and I were wanted to have a child, that we would try to time conception for an offseason birth. Or at least not a September/October birth. I realize folks don't work that way and that there are a million other variables. But I would definitely try to avoid that scenario if possible.

Some people are unbelievable. You don’t get to plan births. As someone who has had a hard time to even have a child, it’s pretty disgusting to even see this bull crap. He misses a couple of games, oh well.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I think you ought to calm down, Brew. I only said what I personally would do if I were in MLB, while acknowledging that it is not what I expect of others. If that offended or disgusted you, I'm sorry for not being sorry.

Or, you know, you could be empathetic to other people's situations. Not to mention, this is a really odd line of conversation. Some things are considerably more important that a job, even if that job is as a professional athlete.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I realize the post was in jest, and I'm not passing judgement on Kolten, however....

I'd like to think if I were a MLB player, were married, and my wife and I were wanted to have a child, that we would try to time conception for an offseason birth. Or at least not a September/October birth. I realize folks don't work that way and that there are a million other variables. But I would definitely try to avoid that scenario if possible.

I'm guessing most ballplayers do just that. mother nature doesn't always cooperate.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I don't subscribe to the Athletic, so I can't get far enough into the article. Hope nothing's wrong with the newborn li'l Wong

The story doesn't go into anymore detail. Just that Wong may go on another list "if needed".

Fair enough. Respect the man and his family's privacy. Like I said, I hope that all is well with their new baby.

I don't subscribe to the Athletic, so I can't get far enough into the article. Hope nothing's wrong with the newborn li'l Wong

The story doesn't go into anymore detail. Just that Wong may go on another list "if needed".

Fair enough. Respect the man and his family's privacy. Like I said, I hope that all is well with their new baby.

Right. This is certainly a time when the Brewers could use Wong, especially with Adames out. But there are things that obviously take precedence, and this is certainly one of those situations. Plus Jace is doing a fine job as a "poor man's" version of Kolten.

Archived