Brewer Fanatic

kolten wong returns from paternity leave

djoctagone

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Will be nice when he gets back.

Urias at 3B, Wong at 2B, Adames at SS looks pretty solid. Defense is good. Urias has been steadily improving at the plate (.270 this month, .254 in the last 30 days), and if he can keep it up, looks like he can hold down the position.

Even Vogelbach has been hitting a lot better of late (.281 in June, .250 the last 30 days).

And both Urias and Vogelbach take a lot of walks. So even if they can just hit ..250-270 or so - they are serviceable.

Urias at 3B, Wong at 2B, Adames at SS looks pretty solid. Defense is good. Urias has been steadily improving at the plate (.270 this month, .254 in the last 30 days), and if he can keep it up, looks like he can hold down the position.

Even Vogelbach has been hitting a lot better of late (.281 in June, .250 the last 30 days).

And both Urias and Vogelbach take a lot of walks. So even if they can just hit ..250-270 or so - they are serviceable.

isn't .250 the same as old expectations of .280? And .270 more like the old .300? I've been trying to explain to family/friends how people--in this current era--can't hold players to the standards of even 4 years ago.

Verified Member

isn't .250 the same as old expectations of .280? And .270 more like the old .300? I've been trying to explain to family/friends how people--in this current era--can't hold players to the standards of even 4 years ago.

I don't think it is that extreme, but your point is relevant.

I just looked because you brought it up. There's 13 people hitting over 300 for the season, back in 2012 there were 25 and a bunch hitting 298/299

Peterson was very bad the last time Wong went on the IL

Peterson was actually very good during Wongs last IL trip. Small samples go up and down but he had a great June when it was said and done.

Peterson was actually very good during Wongs last IL trip. Small samples go up and down but he had a great June when it was said and done.

No, he put 107/242/143 while Wong was on the IL. Peterson has a nice stretch here but would rather not put him in an every day role. Certainly can be a bench piece since he gets on base so much.

No, he put 107/242/143 while Wong was on the IL. Peterson has a nice stretch here but would rather not put him in an every day role. Certainly can be a bench piece since he gets on base so much.

I mean I'm not going to go back and see what his numbers were during which IL trips but his OPS for June is right around 800 and his OPS for the year is over 800. Maybe the specific days of Wongs IL trip he did poorly but he's been filling in for injured players in general the last month and he's been killing it. Just seems weird to target him when he's actually been one of our best offensive performers in the short time he's played this year.

Archived