Brewer Fanatic

2021-06-03: Diamondbacks (Duplantier) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 7-4 -- Crew has 9 HRs in last two games]

Eye Black
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is of those games where it seems like almost every batter for the opponent is hitting the ball hard and it’s only a matter of time before they start scoring.

Meanwhile nobody on the Brewers is making good contact except for Yelich’s sharp fly ball, and you wonder if they’re going to get a hit, much less a run.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Seeing Taylor benched for Bradley makes me less interested in this game honestly. I need Counsell to play the best players every night in order to try to win the game at hand. To date there is no reason to see Bradley start again if there are three healthy outfielders.

You were saying?

Seeing Taylor benched for Bradley makes me less interested in this game honestly. I need Counsell to play the best players every night in order to try to win the game at hand. To date there is no reason to see Bradley start again if there are three healthy outfielders.

JBJ ready to rake in June *fingers crossed*. His career OPS numbers by month...

March/April -- .610

May -- .712

June -- .810

July -- .702

Aug -- .767

Sept/Oct -- .717

June 2021 OPS for JBJ currently sitting at 5.000

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
FWIW, in New Orleans (& south Louisiana) Duplantier is pronounced .. du-PLON-shay with the N barely pronounced

Welcome to the board!

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

It was only a matter of time.

This has been like watching Suppan pitch. You know he isn’t going to fool anyone so you just have to hope for the hitters to hit a liner at someone.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I have to give props to the lady with the full early 80's Brewers away uniform that was with the guy that caught that dinger.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived