Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-27: Padres (Weathers) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers win, 6-5 in 10 innings -- Houser with a stellar start; Adames tallies 4 hits; JBJ hits the walk-off winner]

Eye Black
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I like this Adames cat.

I like him even more.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Adames was a great move, regardless of what anyone thinks of the pen.

Gotta give to get. May not dramatically help the team in the short term, but bullpen help is much easier to figure out in July or the offseason. The loss in the bullpen may get fixed up in a month or so.

Might be cool in person but i find the stadium going dark after home runs annoying when watching on tv

I don't know how much I really like it either but I get over it pretty easy since it means they hit a home run or won the game.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Gotta give to get. May not dramatically help the team in the short term, but bullpen help is much easier to figure out in July or the offseason. The loss in the bullpen may get fixed up in a month or so.

Agreed. You can't pass on great value even when it hurts a bit somewhere else in the short-term, especially when that value is long-term. There are other good relievers out there than Rasmussen and Feyereisen, and they'll need to find some.

Might be cool in person but i find the stadium going dark after home runs annoying when watching on tv

It isn't cool in person either. I would rather have fireworks back.

Were the fireworks a fire hazard that did not suit American Family Field???

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Yup, I was thinking the same. one year solid vet mid level relievers are had every year for next to nothing as the deadline approaches. in the brewers situation, I'd be trying to get involved in that world right now calling up the clearly out of it teams. Top of my head, a guy like Ian Kennedy with Texas(note I didn't look at contract situation). Hudson with Was is another.

Who saw that the Rays used Feyerheusen to close last night in a 1-0 game. He gave up a HR to Benintendi leading off, but retired the side in order after that, and pitched the 10th without surrendering a run, even after the Royals bunted the free runner to third. He then got the win when the Rays scored in the last of the 10th.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I hope Feyereisen does well, I wasn’t sold on his improvement being real and sustainable - but I hope it is. I am happy with what we got back in the deal. Win/win trades are a good thing

It isn't cool in person either. I would rather have fireworks back.

Were the fireworks a fire hazard that did not suit American Family Field???

Seems like such a strange thing to boot. Can only imagine it is some kind of cost cutting measure. All those fireworks for 81+ games and someone up there messing around with them is probably a good chunk of change.

Not what you want to see. Williams having to throw a lot of pitches on his second day in a row and facing the middle of the order.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Who saw that the Rays used Feyerheusen to close last night in a 1-0 game. He gave up a HR to Benintendi leading off, but retired the side in order after that, and pitched the 10th without surrendering a run, even after the Royals bunted the free runner to third. He then got the win when the Rays scored in the last of the 10th.

and I'm pretty sure he got the save the night before too.

Archived