Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-27: Padres (Weathers) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers win, 6-5 in 10 innings -- Houser with a stellar start; Adames tallies 4 hits; JBJ hits the walk-off winner]

Eye Black
The series felt a bit disappointing, but a split with the Padres ain't too bad at all.

I said before it started that I’d be very happy with a split against one of the best teams in MLB that came in smoking hot. Pulling out today’s game saved what would have been two very discouraging losses in a row.

My only disappointment is that they now go into Washington with the bullpen in bad shape to face a much less imposing opponent.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome! I just wish these guys would hit. The team is filled with a ton of good dudes that are easy to root for.

Yeah, one thing I've really liked about the Brewers for a long time is that the team always seems to be comprised of good dudes. Sure, I want to win a World Series, but it wouldn't be fun if it was with a bunch of heels.

Yeah, it would still be fun. I want the team to win, they aren’t coming for Thanksgiving dinner either way.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Funny, I was not looking forward to today's game, but the weather is awful, so I figured, why not. And we were rewarded rather than disappointed. Back to 500
Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Community Moderator
I would not be surprised to see some major changes very very soon. That’s all I’m saying.

A major change is certainly incoming starting tomorrow.

The teams we played over the first 50 games (MIN x3, CHC x9, STL x6, PIT x3, SD x7, MIA x6, LAD x4, PHI x4, ATL x3, KC x2 & CIN x3) have a winning percentage of about .521 so far.

The teams we play over the next 42 games (WAS x3, DET x2, ARI x7, CIN x10, PIT x7, COL x7, CHC x3 & NYM x3) before the All Star Break have a winning percentage of about .420 so far.

The series felt a bit disappointing, but a split with the Padres ain't too bad at all.

And we are done with them.

5-2 ……the highlight of the season.

+1. Coming into the series I just wanted a split. I am a-okay with the split and a 5-2 season record against a pretty good club.

We have officially dealt the Padres more than 25% of their losses.

I would not be surprised to see some major changes very very soon. That’s all I’m saying.

A major change is certainly incoming starting tomorrow.

The teams we played over the first 50 games (MIN x3, CHC x9, STL x6, PIT x3, SD x7, MIA x6, LAD x4, PHI x4, ATL x3, KC x2 & CIN x3) have a winning percentage of about .521 so far.

The teams we play over the next 42 games (WAS x3, DET x2, ARI x7, CIN x10, PIT x7, COL x7, CHC x3 & NYM x3) before the All Star Break have a winning percentage of about .420 so far.

Not only do they play the Reds 10 times prior to the AS break, they immediately play 3 more against them after it.

Now, I don't think the Reds are that bad of a team per se but their pitching seems like a staff the Brewers can handle hitting against based on the last series against them. Ultimately it comes down to Brewers pitching keeping their offense contained.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Was Myers even trying? Wow that guy can’t play the OF at all. Glad to take it and JBJ really needed this. Hopefully it gets him rolling.

Seems like he was running pretty hard but couldn’t get to a ball that was hooking away from him and hit off the wall.

And 5-2 on the season series isn’t too shabby either. Now they don’t have to play the Padres again... well, until the playoffs at least.

ziW1vSj.jpg

I want to start a very concerning conversation about Christian Yelich but I’m not sure any of us are ready to start that.

He just does not look like the same guy pre knee injury in September 2019. I know last year was weird and he has been hurt this year. But still, just does not appear to be the same player. I have at least thought about how concerning that is.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Was Myers even trying? Wow that guy can’t play the OF at all. Glad to take it and JBJ really needed this. Hopefully it gets him rolling.

Seems like he was running pretty hard but couldn’t get to a ball that was hooking away from him and hit off the wall.

He was playing pretty far off the line and the ball was hooking. I had a great view from the club level as you could see the point where he realized he wasn't going to get there. He was going all out but it was futile and it showed. The ball was hit a lot harder than he thought.

Awesome! I just wish these guys would hit. The team is filled with a ton of good dudes that are easy to root for.

If this bunch would hit with any sort of consistency they'd win this division going away...

Archived