Brewer Fanatic

Jake Hager claimed on waivers from Mets

markedman5

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Milwaukee Brewers

@Brewers

INF Jake Hager has been claimed off waivers from the Mets and assigned to Triple-A Nashville.

Second tour of duty for Hager in the Brewers system. Was a little surprised he never got a call-up last time around in 2018, as he had a good year in AAA. Effectively takes Jace Peterson's spot.

This guy isn't good. Depth filler I guess.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Jake Hager followed me on Twitter a couple years ago. I realized he unfollowed me a few days later as I think he was adding a bunch of random Brewers fans and hoping they would follow him back. But it was kind of cool and funny at the same time.

So I can say he has interacted with me before on social media. Things are getting pretty serious between us obviously...

This guy isn't good. Depth filler I guess.
Wow. Name another Brewer who is hitting over 400 with a 1139 OPS this year in the minors....

Seriously, he is depth for AAA. Low risk. Not too hard to like this pickup. Plus he is actually a true shortstop, which will be the first time we have someone like that at Nashville.

• 4 weeks later...
jake hager has been designated for assignment. the club has seven days to trade, release or try to outright him to the minors. if he clears outright waivers, he will be forced to accept the outright assignment.

Archived