Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-25: Padres (Musgrove) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers lose, 7-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've pulled Burnes just over 80 pitches before in close games.

Now in this, a lost game, we're going to hang him out to dry. Plenty of bad relievers on this roster who can go chew up a few meaningless innings, don't need to waste Burnes' arm for that.

These guys are running at will on burnes. Their jumps are huge

Unfortunately, this will probably become the norm like with Jon Lester. He either has to adapt or it’s going to be a track meet from now on when anyone gets on.

Nobody swings through pitches like Keston

They’re desperate for him to be the guy he was in the summer of 2019, but like Shaw that guy doesn’t seem to be in there anymore. Probably should go back to AAA and continue to work

Yardleys in....this will get ugly fast.

Now that Woodruff and Burnes are done, I expect the rest of this series to be ugly.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Haines is like Dom Capers in that he seems to be untouchable no matter how awful his unit performs.

At least Capers did have success at one time.

Haines has been a disaster pretty much everywhere he has been.

This is the price of Adames (and the cost of Urias failing) that we’re watching

The Brewers under water run differential is going to get a lot worse I'm afraid.

After tonight they will likely be 21st in the MLB.

This is the price of Adames (and the cost of Urias failing) that we’re watching

No it’s not. They weren’t using Feyereisen or Rasmussen in this situation. If guys like Boxberger and Suter start blowing leads, that will be the price of Adames.

Archived