Brewer Fanatic

Golf 2021

RobDeer 45

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I can't wait to watch on tv. Whistling Straights is eye candy.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Bryson with a 417 yard drive in the fairway. Yowzer
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Taking a 11-5 lead into Day 3 is huge for Team USA. The two morning foursomes have been where success has been seen, similar to past events. But the change is picking up points in the two afternoon four-ball matches, where past squads haven’t done as well.

Only needing 3.5 points to win the cup, it will be interesting to see how Strickler lines up the singles matches. Go heavy early and try to win it quickly or put some weight into the later matches?

Whistling Straits has really shown off the Great Lakes landscape. Very good looking on the screen. Excellent venue for major tournaments, particularly in late summer/early fall.

https://www.rydercup.com/news-media/sunday-singles-pairings-announced-2020-ryder-cup

Not surprisingly, Europe put their bigger names out early (Rory, Lowry, Rahm & Garcia). DeChambeau v. Garcia should be fun to watch in Match #4.

Stricker followed suit by putting his perceived stoppers in the next set of matches: Morikawa in #5, D.J., Koepka, Finau & Thomas. That Finau / Poulter match is one you have to circle; if either team needs a momentum swing, that might be one to watch. Can't really argue with Spieth in Match 11; he hasn't play particularly well...but he also ran into Rahm & Garcia (twice).

(I'll just end this by saying I'm really glad I stuck with watching the Ryder Cup & listening to the Badger game.)

https://www.rydercup.com/news-media/sunday-singles-pairings-announced-2020-ryder-cup

Not surprisingly, Europe put their bigger names out early (Rory, Lowry, Rahm & Garcia). DeChambeau v. Garcia should be fun to watch in Match #4.

Stricker followed suit by putting his perceived stoppers in the next set of matches: Morikawa in #5, D.J., Koepka, Finau & Thomas. That Finau / Poulter match is one you have to circle; if either team needs a momentum swing, that might be one to watch. Can't really argue with Spieth in Match 11; he hasn't play particularly well...but he also ran into Rahm & Garcia (twice).

(I'll just end this by saying I'm really glad I stuck with watching the Ryder Cup & listening to the Badger game.)

Spieth is the reason Rahm won those 2 matches. Missed at least 11putts inside 12feet over the 2 matches. Percentage wise he should have made at least 6 of them. Every one of those putts were to win or tie a hole. Not one of those putts do I remember being anything outside the edge. Jist zero confident strokes and missing.

Predict US wins 7.5 today. But off to a slow start here.

• 3 weeks later...