Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-23: Brewers (Peralta) at Reds (Castillo) [Brewers win, 9-4 -- Offense shows signs of life; Crew captures series win in Cincinnati]

Eye Black

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reading the blurb under his picture, it sounds like he started to put things together in his last start, so probably will no hit us today.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I'm usually not someone to get excited about why CC sits a guy after just hitting a homer, but... I would have liked to have seen Urias at third base today. His OBP+/SLG+/wRC+ for the last 7 days leads the team at 144/148/186. Shaw is quite the opposite. He's at the bottom of the list (only ahead of Yeli) at the same + slash line of 77/15/12. I know the lefty/righty thing doesn't support this lineup, but Urias may still have some fire in the belly after the trade. Let's ride that.
Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

I'm usually not someone to get excited about why CC sits a guy after just hitting a homer, but... I would have liked to have seen Urias at third base today. His OBP+/SLG+/wRC+ for the last 7 days leads the team at 144/148/186. Shaw is quite the opposite. He's at the bottom of the list (only ahead of Yeli) at the same + slash line of 77/15/12. I know the lefty/righty thing doesn't support this lineup, but Urias may still have some fire in the belly after the trade. Let's ride that.

Agreed...Urias and Shaw have a very comparable stat line vs RHP this year so would rather CC goes with recent trends over the left/righty lineup. Hopefully saying this pregame though will lead to Shaw knocking in 3 or 4 today.

The two guys who hit home runs yesterday find the bench today. Urias finding the bench after a walk, double, and homerun in his last two games when it’s a young player struggling. He has reverse splits too. Way to give the kid confidence Counsell.

Peralta has been wild so far. Only 10 strikes on 23 pitches

Looking like one of those days where he’s going to have trouble going 6 innings.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

The two guys who hit home runs yesterday find the bench today. Urias finding the bench after a walk, double, and homerun in his last two games when it’s a young player struggling. He has reverse splits too. Way to give the kid confidence Counsell.

You’re still banging this drum?

Peralta has been wild so far. Only 10 strikes on 23 pitches

Looking like one of those days where he’s going to have trouble going 6 innings.

Yep. Hoping he is still under 40 pitches by the time the 2nd is done here

I also wonder why Urias isn't in the lineup considering his stats over the past week, as mentioned earlier in the thread, are pretty solid and him and Shaw have almost the same statline vs RHP, negating the lefty/righty matchup. Not sure I'll ever find myself arguing for more Robertson though :laughing

Exactly 40 pitches and he had to work really hard that inning. Unless he can come back with a quick inning or two I think he’ll be out after 5.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I also wonder why Urias isn't in the lineup considering his stats over the past week, as mentioned earlier in the thread, are pretty solid and him and Shaw have almost the same statline vs RHP, negating the lefty/righty matchup. Not sure I'll ever find myself arguing for more Robertson though :laughing

That is all fine. RollieTime repeatedly argues that Counsell always benches a player after a good game when it has been shown to not be true.

Archived