Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-22: Brewers (Anderson) at Reds (Gray) [Brewers win, 4-3 -- Adames makes Brewers debut]

Eye Black
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, the pen isn't amazing but top end is what is important for the playoffs. Josh Lindblom getting hammered wouldn't affect a possible playoff game but it sure makes the pen ERA look worse.

A bad pen will make the playoffs pretty tough to get into though.

Lindblom just plain needs to go. There is nothing there to keep.

Cut bait, be done with it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Also, the pen isn't amazing but top end is what is important for the playoffs. Josh Lindblom getting hammered wouldn't affect a possible playoff game but it sure makes the pen ERA look worse.

A bad pen will make the playoffs pretty tough to get into though.

Lindblom just plain needs to go. There is nothing there to keep.

Cut bait, be done with it.

Yes he probably needs to go but a mopup guy won't affect wins and losses much. He should be relegated to games where they are losing by 4+ or games where they are winning by 6+.

I wonder if we will see a couple young guys making their debuts out of the pen within the next week or so? Miguel Sanchez, Luke Barker, or Clayton Andrews who can also play the outfield and be a threat with the bat. Maybe even QTC could see the show this season.

I think Andrews has a future with the Brewers with his very unique versatility.

You were good with overrating JP and his 19 innings this season so 32 innings is way more. This definitely isn't angering me at all but you did feel the need to post the top 3 bullpen jab after Suter gave up a run which is on brand.

And it bothered you enough to comment so it seems like it kind of is. I'm not a Suter fan outside of a swingman/long man. So sue me. And where did I overrate JP? I fully believe there's a decent shot he's not even in the league in a few years. Doesn't mean he wasn't one of our better current guys.

And I've agreed with you that the top end is really good and you agree that the overall pen isn't amazing. So it kind of just seems like you're arguing to argue.

And it bothered you enough to comment so it seems like it kind of is.

You're right, I fell for the baiting you attempted. I should know better.

Yeah, it wasn't a bait, it was just me stating my opinion on Suter that he shouldn't be your 3rd pen guy. Which I have a right to.

Who would you rather take an AB from, Williams or Hader?

I'd be afraid of Hader, so I choose Williams...lol

I'm more fascinated by what Williams does, I think I'd like to see it. I'll take my 3 pitches against him.

I sure miss the 2019 version of Yelich.

Me too, his at bats were a must watch.

I still think he has mechanical issues that go all the way back to the knee cap.

When you watch the video from 2019 there's far less squat in the preload and far less leg lift of the front leg and much better front foot positioning.

I wonder if we will see a couple young guys making their debuts out of the pen within the next week or so? Miguel Sanchez, Luke Barker, or Clayton Andrews who can also play the outfield and be a threat with the bat. Maybe even QTC could see the show this season.

I think Andrews has a future with the Brewers with his very unique versatility.

Andrew’s has 31 innings above A ball. I doubt he sees the Milwaukee dugout in 2021, unless things really go terrible. Plus as a .776 hitter in limited college at bats, it’s not like she’s Ohtani where the bat plays regardless that he’s a pitcher

Who would you rather face, Williams or Hader?

I'd be afraid of Hader, so I choose Williams...lol

I would choose Williams and hope that he throws a changeup that my flailing swing makes contact with.

Archived