Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-21: Brewers (Houser) at Reds (Hoffman) [Brewers lose, 9-4 -- Winker hits 3 HRs, Crew’s slide continues]

Eye Black
I would fire Stearns and Haines way before I’d fire Counsell.

So Counsell isn’t responsible for the hitters not hitting to their career norms? If you blame Haines, then why hasn’t Counsell fired him?

You’re correct if Counsell refuses to fire Haines, then it’s on Stearns for Counsell not firing Haines. Regardless, this team is absolute trash offensively and someone needs to take the fall. I’m tired of watching the team score 1 run and expect to win.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah , Hauser. Tried painting the corner all night and couldn't do It , then had to throw strikes and they didn't miss.

Hauser?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

How soon before Woodruff, Burnes and/or Peralta want to be traded?

Can you imagine taking the mound every 5 days for this nightmare of an offense?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

My buddy keeps saying Yelich is bad because after 2019 and the cheating scandal broke the Brewers had to change their ways. Never really gave it much credence but....it is kind of interesting, no?

The Yu Darvish quote was pretty interesting imo.

So Counsell isn’t responsible for the hitters not hitting to their career norms? If you blame Haines, then why hasn’t Counsell fired him?

You’re correct if Counsell refuses to fire Haines, then it’s on Stearns for Counsell not firing Haines. Regardless, this team is absolute trash offensively and someone needs to take the fall. I’m tired of watching the team score 1 run and expect to win.

This is such a ridiculous take. 3 weeks ago when we were 7 games over with all of our injuries you could have easily argued he was manager of the year. Now after a few tough weeks we should fire him? The best manager the franchise has had? After 3 straight playoff appearances for the first time in franchise history? Cmon man take look at this lineup...this is a poor hitting team due to the players assembled, no coach is fixing that

This is such a ridiculous take. 3 weeks ago when we were 7 games over with all of our injuries you could have easily argued he was manager of the year. Now after a few tough weeks we should fire him? The best manager the franchise has had? After 3 straight playoff appearances for the first time in franchise history? Cmon man take look at this lineup...this is a poor hitting team due to the players assembled, no coach is fixing that

This.

Blame Stearns for assembling a team of hitters that can't really hit.

Community Moderator

Wong taking a beating tonight. Surprised he’s remained in the game, he looks like he’s in a lot of pain.

EDIT: Wong out of the game now. The Brewers may have just temporarily solved their excess of middle infielders. Hopefully Wong ends up alright.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived