Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-18: Brewers (Woodruff) at Royals (Bubic) [Brewers lose, 2-0 -- Another good starting pitching performance goes to waste]

Eye Black
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
he wasn't even close to going around what a joke
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Good for Counsell standing up for the guys. Avi getting tossed too. Umpires this season are the worst I’ve ever seen.

Compounded by being backed up on their terrible calls by a corrupt replay system. Rob Manfred sure is trying his best to make baseball unwatchable. Of course, this putrid Brewers offense isn't helping, either.

Check swings are an illogical part of baseball. It is a guess. No one can see that in real time. Can't do anything about it.

It's every other bad umpiring call that needs fixing.

I'll be honest: I don't understand the case against the electronic zone at this point. It seems like just having the zone consistent across baseball would be better for everyone, even if it comes with some weirdness.

This isn't the worst Brewer team I've ever seen, but it may be the least fun to watch.

But this is by far the worst Brewers offense I’ve ever seen. Entering today they had an OPS of .660. It’s never been below .700 since I was born.

This isn't the worst Brewer team I've ever seen, but it may be the least fun to watch.

Can’t disagree much with that. Some of this looks like more than just a rough patch. We’re 25% of the season in now. I’d almost rather see them cut a couple of the AAAA players and call up anyone else who might want a chance to play in the majors. Hiura’s demotion was called for. But other than that, poor play doesn’t seem to have any consequences.

Compounded by being backed up on their terrible calls by a corrupt replay system. Rob Manfred sure is trying his best to make baseball unwatchable. Of course, this putrid Brewers offense isn't helping, either.

I wish they would change it so that the New York office wouldn’t know what the call was. Cut the video feed before the ump makes the call. Forget the “call on the field has precedence” garbage.

Who is being held accountable for this mess is a question that must be asked every day until proven otherwise. It makes no sense how bad this team is given the supposed talent on hand. Either Stearns has mismanaged the roster my take or the coaching staff is not able to get the most out of the players on hand. Guys like Hiura and Urias appear to get worse with big league coaching makes no sense. Something has to be done. This team is boring and bad. Deadly.

Check swings are an illogical part of baseball. It is a guess. No one can see that in real time. Can't do anything about it.

It's every other bad umpiring call that needs fixing.

I'll be honest: I don't understand the case against the electronic zone at this point. It seems like just having the zone consistent across baseball would be better for everyone, even if it comes with some weirdness.

Surely you jest. Anyone sitting down the poles staring directly at the batter can pretty accurately tell if a hitter checks or not, it's not a hard call at 1B or 3B on any non-borderline swing or non-swing if the guy is simply paying attention.

Community Moderator
Good for Counsell standing up for the guys. Avi getting tossed too. Umpires this season are the worst I’ve ever seen.

I used to be mostly “meh” on the Rob Manfred hate, but there have been so few positive steps forward for the game over the past few years. I understand that the Commissioner position is really just a henchman expected to carry out the wishes of the owners, but at least past Commissioners put some effort into the facade that they were looking out for the best interests and overall health of the game. Manfred is pretty much in place to suck every last penny out of the game on the owners’ behalf, long-term implications be damned.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I wish they would change it so that the New York office wouldn’t know what the call was. Cut the video feed before the ump makes the call. Forget the “call on the field has precedence” garbage.

That isn’t a bad idea. If the replay ump decides the angles are inconclusive, call on the field stands.

Of course, for the Brewers we need to find a way for them to blur out the jerseys as well.

Can’t disagree much with that. Some of this looks like more than just a rough patch. We’re 25% of the season in now. I’d almost rather see them cut a couple of the AAAA players and call up anyone else who might want a chance to play in the majors. Hiura’s demotion was called for. But other than that, poor play doesn’t seem to have any consequences.

Agreed. If Urias can't field a ground ball bring on Turang already. This team is going nowhere anyway.

Agreed. If Urias can't field a ground ball bring on Turang already. This team is going nowhere anyway.

Turang is off to a scalding. 462 OPS so far in Biloxi. I've got about the same amount of confidence in his development as I do with the rest of the hitters that come up through our system.

Archived