Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-16: Braves (Ynoa) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers win, 10-9 -- Offense scores season high 10 runs; Peralta is fantastic, but bullpen & defense give up 9 runs late]

Eye Black
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was the first game we attended this year. What was a nice relaxing game turned into one that we left in disgust after the walks and errors set up Freeman’s GS. Now I’m home, going on almost 4 hours after the game started seeing Hader on the verge of completing the monumental collapse.

I’m not sure what I’ll do the next time someone says this team is built on pitching and defense.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

That would have been an absolute deflator.

Great day for the offense. Ridiculously terrible game for our bullpen. Once upon a time, Freddy threw 6 scoreless innings in this game.

As an aside, I don't know how the Braves are under .500. They have some really, really good players.

So we're a little over a quarter through the season, and this team is 1 over 500 and 1 series win over 500. How did they do it? Very lucky to be where we are, in my opinion
Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

I apologize guys……had no idea that my innocent compliment of Urias’s defense would turn into…….whatever that was the last 3 innings.

Wow…..score 10 runs….Freddie pitches great and yet it’s still hard to feel good after a win.

Lots of blame to go around but Urias and to a lesser extent Wong opened the door.

I’m exhausted

Orlando Arcia hit a walk-off home run today. That’s 7 home runs in 52 Triple-A at bats. Is he going develop into something for the Braves this season, or is he a quintessential 4A player at this point?

We'll see what he does when he gets to the Big show again but they definitely fixed his front foot from the big lift to a retract and slide.

Watch most of the videos of his minor league home runs on that front foot staying closed as is his hips

Community Moderator
I’m not sure what I’ll do the next time someone says this team is built on pitching and defense.

Well they are definitely “built” on pitching and defense. It didn’t look like it today obviously, but that seemed to be a big part of their strategy this offseason. I mean they certainly weren’t built to put up 10 runs very often.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

So we're a little over a quarter through the season, and this team is 1 over 500 and 1 series win over 500. How did they do it? Very lucky to be where we are, in my opinion

I remember some pregame interview years ago, either with Garner or Treblehorn, where Uecker asked how long it took before you knew where your team was at. The response was about 40 games. It's always stuck with me and sure enough we were 20-20 this season after a pretty solid start which seems about where we belong.

Community Moderator
I'm going to force myself not to tune in today.

So, either Freddy will throw a no-hitter, or the offense will explode for 5+ runs.

Or, Freddy throws a no-hitter for 9 innings, and gets a no decision because we don't score any runs for him.

Why do I get the feeling turborickey tuned in around the 7th inning.

I am not one that puts too much stock in divine intervention, but if any of the offense can indeed be attributed to your absence from following today, then my sincere thanks for taking one for the team!

Community Moderator

Per Adam McCalvy:

You are correct -- you have never seen a Brewers team give up this many grand slams in such a short time. They have surrendered five this month. They had never done that in any month in franchise history.

It is May 16.

I don't think even the most staunch Haines defender can argue that he doesn't deserve to be fired if it's the AS break and Arcia is OPSing .875 for the Braves and appears to be "fixed".

I don't expect Haines to be able to do much for guys like JBJ, Cain, etc. But these young guys -- Urias, Hiura, is where they should be able to help.

I still can't believe they charged that error to Urias instead of Wong. The throw was on target, just a little high. Easily something that any 2nd baseman would be able to catch.

I don't think even the most staunch Haines defender can argue that he doesn't deserve to be fired if it's the AS break and Arcia is OPSing .875 for the Braves and appears to be "fixed".

I don't expect Haines to be able to do much for guys like JBJ, Cain, etc. But these young guys -- Urias, Hiura, is where they should be able to help.

Not a defender, but I understand that Yelich has his confidence. Seems like there may be a tough behind the scenes call if that is true.

"It's ok not to be superstitious but you should be a little stitious." - adambr2 6/4/21

Archived