Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-16: Braves (Ynoa) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers win, 10-9 -- Offense scores season high 10 runs; Peralta is fantastic, but bullpen & defense give up 9 runs late]

Eye Black
Side effect of offense being so bad of late. Our elite relievers don’t get consistent work. And work in an 8-0 game is completely different than 1 or 2 runs leads. Hard to keep them sharp.

Their elite relievers might get some work with a 1 or 2 run lead at this rate.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley silencing the critics……at least on the defensive side of the ball……..another great play.

I just saw this play scrolling through Facebook and had to come see what the reaction to it was.

I always get a kick out of a guy getting credited for a ‘great play’ that involves him making an absolutely miserable route to the ball. I swear JBJ is absolutely terrible at judging balls off the bat, but makes some miraculous recovery’s to make plays.

Side effect of offense being so bad of late. Our elite relievers don’t get consistent work. And work in an 8-0 game is completely different than 1 or 2 runs leads. Hard to keep them sharp.

Looks like Urias agrees with you and wants to get those guys some quality innings.

I have zero confidence in Suter anytime he enters a game. I'm not saying he's bad but with his mediocre stuff I'm frankly amazed he puts up as good of numbers as he does.

It doesn't seem like this is the first time this year he came in and gave up a devastating HR allowing all the baserunners to score. Maybe that isn't the time to put him in, better to have him start the inning.

I have zero confidence in Suter anytime he enters a game. I'm not saying he's bad but with his mediocre stuff I'm frankly amazed he puts up as good of numbers as he does.

I think Suter's tactic of quick pitches are not as effective as in previous years. Clubs have scouted that and are prepared. Also, his effectiveness is reduced with RISP because checking on the runners slows him down.

"It's ok not to be superstitious but you should be a little stitious." - adambr2 6/4/21

I have a lot of hope for Urias and am willing to accept some of his mistakes since he's a young player. But one aspect that is concerning is the carry over a bad play in the field has on his next play. Errors seem to snowball for him which is a confidence issue that I don't know if you grow out of

Archived