Brewer Fanatic

Pujols?

I actually say sign him. I mean can he possibly be worse defensively than Vogelbach? Plus it’ll make the Cardinals fans bitter and I can go for that :laughing I say do it. I would certainly look into it and give him a shot.

Never hurts to look into it. He'd be a cheap acquisition and has always been seen as a good teammate. Only problem is his numbers won't be at good in Miller Park as the used to be--not only because he's older and not as good, but also because he won't be facing Brewers' pitchers

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Other than the marketing opportunity of "OMG future HOF Albert Pujols is a Brewer" I don't see where a move like this would provide anymore upside than simply promoting Zach Green to the 40-man roster. Green also just turned 27, so there is some theoretical future upside there as well. As much as the fan in me would think it's cool for Albert Pujols to end his spectacular career in a Brewer uniform, I don't think the 41-year-old version (the accuracy of which is dubiously debatable) of Pujols will provide much of anything.

I like the idea of a right handed hitter that can play 1B but Pujols isn't it.

Why not give Zach Green that opportunity? He's hit 29 HR in his last 80 games in AAA.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if a move is made shortly for Green to come up. I’m not sure what the corresponding move would be though since Vogelbach is a lefty unless they are fine with moving on from him and replacing him with a righty bat. I think they are fine left handed with Yelich when he’s back, Shaw, Narvaez, and Bradley Jr. getting a lot of playing time.

Would Green take over at 1st or would Shaw slide over to first with Green taking over third?

I like the idea of a right handed hitter that can play 1B but Pujols isn't it.

Why not give Zach Green that opportunity? He's hit 29 HR in his last 80 games in AAA.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if a move is made shortly for Green to come up. I’m not sure what the corresponding move would be though since Vogelbach is a lefty unless they are fine with moving on from him and replacing him with a righty bat. I think they are fine left handed with Yelich when he’s back, Shaw, Narvaez, and Bradley Jr. getting a lot of playing time.

Would Green take over at 1st or would Shaw slide over to first with Green taking over third?

Move could be McKinney or a bullpen arm.

Dang, Dodgers couldn’t pull Braun out of retirement? Would have been 10x a better signing for them.

Aren't the Dodgers in luxury tax land? Braun would cost a few million and maybe double that in tax and I don't see him as that valuable as a bench bat like the Dodgers are planning for Pujols.

Braun batting left handed >>>>>> Pujols
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Dang, Dodgers couldn’t pull Braun out of retirement? Would have been 10x a better signing for them.

Aren't the Dodgers in luxury tax land? Braun would cost a few million and maybe double that in tax and I don't see him as that valuable as a bench bat like the Dodgers are planning for Pujols.

Braun would probably play for $500k if it was the Dodgers and he actually wanted to play...but I’m guessing he just doesn’t want to play.

Wouldn’t shock me if the Dodgers reached out to him.

Braun would probably play for $500k if it was the Dodgers and he actually wanted to play...but I’m guessing he just doesn’t want to play.

Wouldn’t shock me if the Dodgers reached out to him.

I don't think he would come back just to be a bit player on potential world series team, he would want to play 4 games a week on a team that could use him like, I don't know, THE BREWERS. I would go with he just doesn't want to play but I think he would have had we picked up his option and considering JBJ's dismal offense maybe we should have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived