Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-13: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers lose, 2-0 -- Burnes sets strikeout record and finally issues his first walk; Good pitching and defense goes for naught]

Eye Black
This team has become full on frustrating. There is no excuse for this poor of hitting.

I'm glad I can come here and not hear about the hitting coach for once. Why does the casual fan always think its the hitting coaches fault when guys don't hit?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This team has become full on frustrating. There is no excuse for this poor of hitting.

I'm glad I can come here and not hear about the hitting coach for once. Why does the casual fan always think its the hitting coaches fault when guys don't hit?

It's approach to me. It's the launch angle revolution bologna that everyone has bought into. Imagine Molitor, Boggs or Gwynn facing these shifts. They might have hit .450.

I don't think it's Haines' fault, but I am fine with it if they let him go.

Really it's hard to imagine that many hitting coaches are going to get much out of a lineup with Vogelbach and Shaw as the meat of your order.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I don't think firing Haines will do anything but I am fine with it from a standpoint of demonstrating that there needs to be accountability for this constantly poor offensive performance. It's not like they are going to get worse without him.

That's where I am too. Buck obviously stops with the players who are underperforming, but if someone needs to fall on the sword to get them to wake up, then whatever. Sucks for Haines, but when you are a hitting coach, you are going to eventually be fired. Its low-hanging fruit when it comes to appeasing fans.

I don't think firing Haines will do anything but I am fine with it from a standpoint of demonstrating that there needs to be accountability for this constantly poor offensive performance. It's not like they are going to get worse without him.

That's where I am too. Buck obviously stops with the players who are underperforming, but if someone needs to fall on the sword to get them to wake up, then whatever. Sucks for Haines, but when you are a hitting coach, you are going to eventually be fired. Its low-hanging fruit when it comes to appeasing fans.

Yep. Unfortunately you have to start somewhere. Replacing the entire lineup in May isn't going to happen.

Firing Haines should happen but if people think that's going to change things they are mistaken. They just aren't any good.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Firing Haines should happen but if people think that's going to change things they are mistaken. They just aren't any good.

Spot on. Too many guys who are simply unwilling and/or unable to adjust their approach.

I understand Goldschmidt is a stud, but I am guessing at worst he gets a sac fly here. Watch the approach vs/ Brewers approach in similar situations.

A gifted ball and then a throw away. Cardinals make it look so easy.

Hopefully someone in AAA starts doing well so they can take Perdomo's spot. He's gotta get his command in line, maybe AAA will be the best spot for him to do that. There's potential there but can't trust him in any close games right now

I’m going to be pissed if Perdomo puts this out of save range.

I have Reyes on my fantasy team and as long as the Brewers are going to lose I might as well get something good out of it.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived