Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-13: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers lose, 2-0 -- Burnes sets strikeout record and finally issues his first walk; Good pitching and defense goes for naught]

Eye Black
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley is going to hit when he gets more consistent playing time? Shut up, Plesac.

Yea, the comment made no sense. I would say he's been hitting the ball hard lately but getting no results from hit. He's looked much better lately so hopefully a hot streak is coming

If the announcing the last week doesn't show how good Brian Anderson is, I am not sure what will. It is borderline unbearable where I would rather watch in silence. Some of the stuff we have heard the last week legitimately makes me more angry than actually watching the Brewers offense.

Streaks like that are always funny to me. They are records you never know (or could care less about) until your guy is going to break it, then suddenly they are a huge deal that everybody is following and rooting for.

Watching these 1982 highlights between innings and I don't get how every hitter didn't bat .400 back then. The pitchers all just lob meat up there. All arms and legs and then throw zero MPH fastballs.

EDIT: I know the hitters were pretty much garbage, too, stepping in the bucket every swing.

This team is borderline unwatchable. There is basically so little chance of anything happening on offense it really is tough to expect someone to sit through 3 hours plus to watch a full game. Just grab the high/low lights on mlb.com

If you're Burnes and Woodruff do you even really want to stick around here long-term?

As a competitor, I would think that constantly holding lineups to 0-2 runs scored and not being rewarded for it would get disheartening.

Jacob deGrom seems to be able to deal with it. He was rewarded with a Cy Young award even without a lot of wins.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

This game is unfortunately following the expected script.

With Burnes only going 5 innings, it’s probably now headed for a final like 5-0.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

With Burnes only going 5 innings, it’s probably now headed for a final like 5-0.

Yep, because the Brewers pen has been terrible.

The good parts of the pen have been really good, but the bad have been pretty bad.

We definitely won't see Hader today and probably not Devin. I have faith in Feyereisen and even Rasmussen but I want no part of guys like Boxberger or Perdomo.

Yep, because the Brewers pen has been terrible.

The pen has some really good pitchers and some who aren’t so good. We’re going to be seeing some of the latter over these next 4 innings.

A 9 pitch strikeout. One of the most successful ABs we can hope for from this lineup.

weirdly it kinda was. Hoping it's enough for Flaherty not too come out next inning. But I think they'll let him start and see how it goes

Archived