Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-12: Cardinals (Gant) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 4-1 -- Woodruff outstanding once again; Vogelbach reaching on a 2-out strikeout sparks rally; Garcia hits massive 442ft bomb]

Eye Black
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
442 ft
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

At the game tonight. Pablo was on the field to pinch run before Big Dan even stopped to turn around.

Also, I've seen some moon.shots, that rivaled all of them

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The grumbling about our offense is completely warranted. However, I feel like a lot of fan bases feel that same way about their team's offense this year.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I can’t remember a ball going where that one did. Woah

I thought the same thing. That’s a rare spot to see one end up, even in BP.

Here is Ryan Braun’s...definitely a place not often traveled.

EDIT: This one was 474, so Garcia is definitely not the farthest to LF. I bet there are a few others farther than Garcia’s too.

Odd observation - but weird how they put the extra letters on the inning by inning scoring graphic (3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, etc...)

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

442 ft

I think that is the longest home run to LF in a game with the longest being 480 ft by Branyan to RF.

Marcell Ozuna’s first Cardinal homer was 479 to LF. Matt Holliday had a 466 foot homer to LF too.

While impressive it is probably somewhere in the back end of the Top 10 to LF.

442 ft

I think that is the longest home run to LF in a game with the longest being 480 ft by Branyan to RF.

After looking a little bit longer Braun's 474 ft Home Run is the longest to LF. That one I believe left the park the only other player to hit one further would be Sosa in the HR derby I believe and Weeks I think it was to LF that went 470 ft in 2011.

Archived