Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-12: Cardinals (Gant) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 4-1 -- Woodruff outstanding once again; Vogelbach reaching on a 2-out strikeout sparks rally; Garcia hits massive 442ft bomb]

Eye Black
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm kind of in the same boat about Haines. I think this offense is probably a lot more where it is because of injuries and a lack of offensive talent than anything Haines is doing, but in the end if your offense is this bad for this long and you're the guy in charge of the offense, you're probably going to end up taking the fall.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
O'Neill's gonna get the batboy in a headlock after that swing.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Is anyone else not excited about how well Woodruff is pitching because it’s very likely that the Brewers offense won’t put enough runs up regardless of how well he pitches?

He could go 9 innings and not allow a hit and they still could lose in the 10th.

That was a horrible strike call. This ump is awful.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Manny has to get back on that…..man.

I think he was screwed no matter what he did. Blame the crappy bunt.

Is anyone else not excited about how well Woodruff is pitching because it’s very likely that the Brewers offense won’t put enough runs up regardless of how well he pitches?

He could go 9 innings and not allow a hit and they still could lose in the 10th.

With the way extra innings is now would be fitting for a Brewer to pitch a perfect game and lose.

Manny has to get back on that…..man.

I think he was screwed no matter what he did. Blame the crappy bunt.

Nah, you make them not catch the ball and throw it to 2nd. If Woodruff isn't running (he was but stopped when it was caught) then it's on him.

Nice play, Woody!

You know bunting is a lost art when even pitchers can't do it.

And Woodruff might be better than a position player or two on this roster...

Their pitcher can.

Well, he did.

I don't have the numbers. Sure seems to me like even pitchers are sacrificing less (or failing to do it more).

This offense could screw up a wet dream

I could think of a lot of things you could do with a bat that would screw up a wet dream, so that probably wasn't the best thing to name.

Levering: I'd say the odds if Cain and Vogelbach reach to start the inning, I'd say the Brewers are going to score at least one run.

Brewers offense: We'll bet whatever you want that we don't.

At least in this scenario the Brewers offense would be banned from MLB for betting.

Archived