Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign Hernán Pérez to minor league deal

I feel like we should have a pool for predicting the date Hernán debuts with the major league club this season. I’ll go with May 21st.

I'm going to Price-is-Right-you and say May 20.

If it is Price is Right rules you didn't leave much room to win. You would have May 20 and nothing else, if before you go over.

You got me there. I bid $1 or May 11.

I'm going to Price-is-Right-you and say May 20.

If it is Price is Right rules you didn't leave much room to win. You would have May 20 and nothing else, if before you go over.

You got me there. I bid $1 or May 11.

June 30.

I never got why people hated him so much. For a utility infielder he put up decent stats. Decent average and stole a bunch of bases. Also had a little pop. Sure, he played more than most wanted to see, but that’s not really on Perez.

Not sure I will expect much from a 30 year old Perez though.

Understand we played Perez during his peak athletic seasons during 5seasons to a tune value of 3.4BWAR. Him being in any plans has to be a callup for a bullpen game or two with another Wong injury or Shaw injury. We cant get 1month in to the minor league play fast enough so we can call up say a Turang or anybody hitting better than their weight.

I am also ready to end the Pablo Reyes experience for Hernan Perez (sadly).

reyes can be optioned. pérez cannot. at present, the brewers have only three position players on optional assignment right now, and only one is an infielder. that's scarcely depth.

I never got why people hated him so much. For a utility infielder he put up decent stats. Decent average and stole a bunch of bases. Also had a little pop. Sure, he played more than most wanted to see, but that’s not really on Perez.

I don't think anyone hated him as a person, or even a player.

I think a lot of people hated the way he was used.

I think a lot of people hated that Counsell seemed to have to find ways to get him in the line-up no matter what.

I am also ready to end the Pablo Reyes experience for Hernan Perez (sadly).

reyes can be optioned. pérez cannot. at present, the brewers have only three position players on optional assignment right now, and only one is an infielder. that's scarcely depth.

They have Gordon and Westbrook that can be added as well if necessary. Depth isn't really a concern when we are getting to Pablo Reyes talent type level, need more production from the utility person.

• 1 month later...
Community Moderator

Per Adam McCalvy:

Hernán Pérez is being granted his release from Triple-A Nashville to sign with the Hanwha Eagles in the KBO. He will play for Carlos Subero.

Hernán Pérez asked me to share this message:

“To the Brewers organization thanks again for opening the door one more time. I want to thank all the coaches and teammates. You the Brewers gave me the opportunity to improve my game and show everyone how I do get better everyday.”

“Didn’t get the opportunity to be back with the big team but it was a great 2 months with Nashville Sounds. To all the fans who want me back in the CREW thank you for always believing in me. As a player I just can control what happens between the 2 lines. Love you all.”

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I don't think anyone hated him as a person, or even a player.

I think a lot of people hated the way he was used.

I think a lot of people hated that Counsell seemed to have to find ways to get him in the line-up no matter what.

Played very well in Game 2 of 2018 NLDS….. I will remember that about him. A couple of doubles and an RBI, I think.

Per Adam McCalvy:

Hernán Pérez is being granted his release from Triple-A Nashville to sign with the Hanwha Eagles in the KBO. He will play for Carlos Subero.

“To the Brewers organization thanks again for opening the door one more time. I want to thank all the coaches and teammates. You the Brewers gave me the opportunity to improve my game and show everyone how I do get better everyday.”

“Didn’t get the opportunity to be back with the big team but it was a great 2 months with Nashville Sounds. To all the fans who want me back in the CREW thank you for always believing in me. As a player I just can control what happens between the 2 lines. Love you all.”

Obviously he likes to organization to leave such a message. I think a lot of fans feel the same way about him. I know I do. I get he wasn't the best player ever but he played a role on some very good teams and obviously identifies as a Brewer. When all is said and done he's one of us at heart.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Per Adam McCalvy:

Obviously he likes to organization to leave such a message. I think a lot of fans feel the same way about him. I know I do. I get he wasn't the best player ever but he played a role on some very good teams and obviously identifies as a Brewer. When all is said and done he's one of us at heart.

Maybe, after some time with KBO, he can come back when we need the bench help.

He plays all three outfield and all four infield positions.

He's stepped in on the mound, and hasn't been bad (personally, I liked to bring him in for extra inning games on Baseball Mogul).

The Crew can do far worse than Hernan Perez...

Say what you will about Hernan Perez but if I'm remembering correctly the guy hit exactly .249 in like 3 or 4 straight seasons with a little pop and position versatility. You knew EXACTLY what you were going to get out of him and the culture of the teams he was apart of with himself, Arcia, Pina, etc were some of the best we will remember. All the best Hernan.

Say what you will about Hernan Perez but if I'm remembering correctly the guy hit exactly .249 in like 3 or 4 straight seasons with a little pop and position versatility. You knew EXACTLY what you were going to get out of him and the culture of the teams he was apart of with himself, Arcia, Pina, etc were some of the best we will remember. All the best Hernan.

I think you are thinking about Khris Davis.

I think you are thinking about Khris Davis.

Dang it, you are correct. I just looked. Here I thought I was a good fan too. Ugh.

Archived