Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign Hernán Pérez to minor league deal

I always liked and don't have a problem with any minor league signing but if he get to the majored league roster we have problems.

One thing that makes me nervous is the sheer number of these types of signings. It's one thing to need some depth in the upper minors but does the majority of the AAA team need to be 30 something has beens or never was types?

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

It sure is dumpster diving but getting no production out of the right handed utility guys Robertson and Reyes.

Versatile player, who is sound fundamentally and knows what he is supposed to do in the field and can’t hit a lick.

Every year they shuffle through a stack of utility infielders. As mentioned the leash on Pablo Reyes is probably quite short at this point. HP is probably 3rd man up for utility infielder after Jace a d Robertson. Maybe even 2nd depending on if theyve seen enough of Robertson.

Verified Member

CC will NOT be able to stop himself from starting him frequently.

I bet CC can't wait to get him back in the line-up.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Honestly, he's probably one of our 8 best options right now, sadly.

1 for 19 this year before DFA. He will fit right in!

Amazing how easy it is to improve your offense with a league minimum minor league signing.

It's alarming to me how many "dime a dozen" guys on our this roster, both 26 and 40.

Some of it is injuries, and some is just really bad roster construction.

I’m just here to get a suntan from all the hot takes!

Any time there's a minor league signing the threads look more or less identical. The same posters making the same posts again and again.

And batting cleanup against left handed pitchers.

And yes, all joking aside, I bet Counsell is delighted with this move and can't wait to get him back on the 26-man roster.

1 for 19 this year before DFA. He will fit right in!

With 10 strikeouts in those 19 ABs we won't be able to tell him apart from the rest of the team.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Like having him. I like that he can play anywhere on the diamond and hold his own defensively. I like the speed. In extended playing time, he didn't totally embarrass himself. He is even a decent "emergency" pitcher - and I'd like to see the Brewers take the time to refine him up to a Kieschnick level on the mound.

For a 26th man, he's not a bad option, and probably preferable to most.

I feel like we should have a pool for predicting the date Hernán debuts with the major league club this season. I’ll go with May 21st.

I'm going to Price-is-Right-you and say May 20.

If it is Price is Right rules you didn't leave much room to win. You would have May 20 and nothing else, if before you go over.

Archived