Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-06: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Wheeler) [Brewers lose, 2-0 -- 5th straight loss for the Crew]

Eye Black
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The offense is just not very good. So, so early still, but something needs to change on that side of things. Health will help, but it's got to be more than that. I'm ready to let Cain, Taylor, and Garcia be the regular OF starters with McKinney at 1B. Bradley and Vogelbach can be 2x wk starters and bench bats.

The success of this offense was always predicated on Yelich and Hiura being offensive forces. Well, we all know how that has gone. Nothing about what is happening offensively is surprising. Losing Narvaez sucks because he was hitting very well. Wong is an average hitter. Urias is likely going to be an average hitter. Shaw is and has always been incredibly streaky. You take the good with the bad with him. Garcia has been better lately, but he's no world beater. Cain has been hurt, and Bradley has been a disappointment with the bat, to put it mildly.

This team is going to continue to struggle offensively as long as Yelich is out and Hiura is in the minors. Because this lineup was built around them.

Verified Member
The offense is just not very good. So, so early still, but something needs to change on that side of things. Health will help, but it's got to be more than that. I'm ready to let Cain, Taylor, and Garcia be the regular OF starters with McKinney at 1B. Bradley and Vogelbach can be 2x wk starters and bench bats.

Sounds right for what we have, but I don't see how that gets us to the post season

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Maybe Fisher can provide a hot stretch when he gets off the IL, kind of like what McKinney did early on. Can't believe it but kind of miss Jace and his walks as well, at least he gets on base somehow. Of course it will be great when Narvaez comes back. Beyond that not much to look forward to offensively.

Think RRB nailed it. O was built around Yeli being back and generally a legit all star MVP convo type guy and Keston being an above average hitter. Both gone is a huge blow to it all. Probably isn't a clear cut move to help other than Pujuls

Kind of amazing to be 17-15 with this offense and this many injuries. I say that a lot, but the current 26-man is really unexciting.

I also thought the team had no business in the postseason in 2019, though, so certainly not giving up on them in May. CC and DS and co. have earned some slack, but it sure looks like it's time for some adjustments.

Kind of amazing to be 17-15 with this offense and this many injuries. I say that a lot, but the current 26-man is really unexciting.

I also thought the team had no business in the postseason in 2019, though, so certainly not giving up on them in May. CC and DS and co. have earned some slack, but it sure looks like it's time for some adjustments.

I think Counsell has definitely earned some slack.

Stearns has too, but post-2019 season, Stearns and Arnold have done a terrible job. I'm not even going to sugarcoat it. They've done a terrible job in the last 2 years.

Taylor needs to have a starting spot.

Start him and Cain every day, let the others battle it out for the 3rd outfield spot.

Cain will need off days, plenty of starts to go around, but Taylor has earned a regular spot.

If he cools and sucks, re-evaluate, but he has done all that can be expected of him, if he hasn't earned a spot yet, something is wrong.

I think Counsell has definitely earned some slack.

Stearns has too, but post-2019 season, Stearns and Arnold have done a terrible job. I'm not even going to sugarcoat it. They've done a terrible job in the last 2 years.

This is an absolute fact.

This line should never get a loss, even a bad offense can overcome it, this offense has become putrid.

Woodruff - 2 hits, 1 earned run, 2 walks, 11 strike outs.

This is disgusting.

So ridiculous that Jesus fell apart for us where they kind of had to let him go. They gave him a really long leash and did all they could, but without an option left they couldn't send him down to clear his head. OF course he figures it out again once he leaves. If he'd have just held on as solid (not his crazy two month level) it would've been such a big help.

Also, thoughts on Arcia trade right now since we could be playing him on left side and Shaw at 1B right now?

Archived