Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-05: Brewers (Peralta) at Phillies (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 5-4 -- For the 3rd straight night a Crew comeback falls one run short]

Eye Black
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the bright side, Rasmussen is starting to look more the dominant reliever he’s advertised as. That could be huge if we get him going with one more righty for the 5th/6th/7th.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Community Moderator

After grounding into double plays the past two innings just needed a ground ball this time to get Garcia to 3B. Instead McKinney strikes out. [sigh]

EDIT: And then of course the wild pitch would’ve scored Garcia if he’d been moved over to third by either McKinney or Reyes.

I really hope the Brewers find a way to pull this off. I don’t think I can handle a third straight night with a comeback falling one run short.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Verified Member
Taylor needs to play more. I know everyone here has read that 10,000 times, but maybe CC will log in some time and read it for the first time :laughing

Yea, he should start vs all lefties and whenever someone needs a day off should go to him. And he should be doing all he can to learn 1B. McKinney has come back to reality, let's see how long Taylor can go before he does too.

If folks haven't noticed though Garcia has been perfectly fine of late, even good. Yet again an example of not freaking out over a short bad stint.

I noticed Garcia had a 134 wRC+ for the last 7 before this game. Imagine that will shoot up more. He's making up for lost time

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Community Moderator
Brewers are out baserunnering the Phillies 37-23 in this series.

So after that last inning I assume it’s now 39-23 in favor of the Brewers? I think that is what has made this series so frustrating. They’ve had golden opportunities to win every single game so far despite getting down big early in each contest.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Hard to expect much when the three hitters after a lead off double are:

McKinney

Reyes

Maile

Sorry, but that’s pretty sad.

Yeah, it’s probably just a matter of time before Logan Forsyth is up. Reyes doesn’t offer anything with the bat.

Funny how McKinney was red hit and now is ice cold

After grounding into double plays the past two innings just needed a ground ball this time to get Garcia to 3B. Instead McKinney strikes out. [sigh]

EDIT: And then of course the wild pitch would’ve scored Garcia if he’d been moved over to third by either McKinney or Reyes.

I really hope the Brewers find a way to pull this off. I don’t think I can handle a third straight night with a comeback falling one run short.

Probably close to what Dodger fans where saying last week

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Hard to expect much when the three hitters after a lead off double are:

McKinney

Reyes

Maile

Sorry, but that’s pretty sad.

Yeah, it’s probably just a matter of time before Logan Forsyth is up. Reyes doesn’t offer anything with the bat.

Funny how McKinney was red hit and now is ice cold

Over-exposure.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

That blown 0-1 call changes the entire AB. Now not only can Urias not afford to take a pitch, he has to chase anything close but off the plate (pitch 3, pitch 6) because he doesn't know what else might be called.

The one argument against robo umps that makes sense is the strike that clips the bottom of the zone while getting caught at the ankles.

I will get used to that versus the ridiculous variance and inconsistency of human strike zones. You'd be going from a 93-94% zone to a 98-99 one. Hard to see the problem.

MLB needs to get rid of the unions protecting umpires....then maybe figure out why the average umpire age has to be 95. I don’t want robot umps...but lord, have some accountability and improvement.

Archived