Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-05: Brewers (Peralta) at Phillies (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 5-4 -- For the 3rd straight night a Crew comeback falls one run short]

Eye Black
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And they aren't nearly as bad as you think they are now.

No, they're not nearly as bad as they've looked the last 4 games. But they won't stay above. 500 long with the number of mediocre journeymen that they've had take the field lately. It was bound to catch up.

Once again, a great decision I made to buy access to games. I guess now we know what it feels like to lose to a low- talent team.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

The walks are why Freddy isn't an ace type pitcher.

Realmuto and Miller walk on 4 pitches each. That's the difference between a manageable 3-0 deficit and the 5-0 that we're at. Can't happen.

Bad day at the office

Before today, Freddy Peralta had surrendered seven earned runs in 28 innings this season.

He allowed five earned runs tonight before recording an out -- four on the Didi Gregorius slam.

No, they're not nearly as bad as they've looked the last 4 games. But they won't stay above. 500 long with the number of mediocre journeymen that they've had take the field lately. It was bound to catch up.

I don't think anyone was under the impression that this is the '27 Yankees. I'm sure they'd rather trot out Narvaez, Yelich and Burnes on the regular. Marginal teams like the Brewers are always going to be in trouble when they get hit this hard with injuries.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I was late to the turning on the game tonight, and knew immediately that there was no reason to watch it. Check the score occasionally to see if it’s become a contest while I watch other things.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I would agree that the Brewers are not nearly as good as 17-10 or as bad as the last 4 days. But, the point in between is likely below .500. It’s hard to win more than you lose when you can only win games if the pitching is near perfect.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Community Moderator
The MLB replay system continues to lack transparency and overall be a complete joke. I’d love to see what definitive angle they had to overturn that call because it certainly wasn’t one they showed on the broadcast.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived